Navigation Database Update

Victor

Hi Everybody,

I have a 2002 LX-470. The database in the Nav unit is a 2001 version and I've learned that a new updated version of the database was made available last November. The dealer must install it and it costs about $650 for the update. It would be nice to get the update but I'm not sure if it's $650 nice if you know what I mean. Does anyone know of any other means to get it without having to pay an arm and a leg for it?

Thanks,

Cheapskate in Seattle :whistles:

Hi Everybody,

I have a 2002 LX-470.  The database in the Nav unit is a 2001 version and I've learned that a new updated version of the database was made available last November.  The dealer must install it and it costs about $650 for the update.  It would be nice to get the update but I'm not sure if it's $650 nice if you know what I mean.  Does anyone know of any other means to get it without having to pay an arm and a leg for it?

Thanks,

Cheapskate in Seattle    :whistles:

From what I understand it simply involves getting the new pack of DVDs and installing them.

I am kinda lucky and I am getting a free upgrade at my 20k service due to a recall letter I received.

You would think someone would make copies of these DVDs and sell them on the black market (eBay). :censored:

We just bought an '02 LX and once i got home playing with the nav i noticed ours was 2000 version. I called the lexus dealer that we bought it from and they were trying to stick me with the $600 or talk me out of doing it. They said it's not something they do before they put a car back on the lot to sell. Call me crazy, but you think when your paying 50k for a car, the least they could do is update the stupid nav software. I'm waiting for a response from the dealer to see if they'll do it for free. Anyone else had this problem????

Hi Everybody,

I have a 2002 LX-470.  The database in the Nav unit is a 2001 version and I've learned that a new updated version of the database was made available last November.  The dealer must install it and it costs about $650 for the update.  It would be nice to get the update but I'm not sure if it's $650 nice if you know what I mean.  Does anyone know of any other means to get it without having to pay an arm and a leg for it?

Thanks,

look up past post on installing a navigation update. i had posted one last year. it only takes 5 minutes. good luck.

Hi Everybody,

Thanks,