Remote Start On Rx330...

gschawla

Has anyone successfully installed or had professionally had installed a remote starter on their 04/05 Rx330? I'm looking to have an aftermarket one put in within a week or 2 and would live to hear some feedback form Rx owenrs. Thanks!

Has anyone successfully installed or had professionally had installed a remote starter on their 04/05 Rx330?  I'm looking to have an aftermarket one put in within a week or 2 and would live to hear some feedback form Rx owenrs.  Thanks!

What or why do you need a remote starter for? Just courious. :unsure: B)

:cheers:

For those days when it is extremely cold outside and I dont want to step outside to start the car.

Get an engine block heater installed instead......much cheaper than a remote starter & you save a lot more fuel as well (letting your vehicle idle for several minutes or more is not good for your engine & you get 0 MPG). ;)

Some new GM models have this feature as standard equipment now & imo, one of the stupidest features invented in the last 10 years or so due to it's high cost which has not been proven long term yet as it's still in it's 'infant' stages & wasteful concept. (unless of course you there is no place to plug your block heater into).....but even many buildings that have underground parking have an electrical outlet for block heaters. Installed for about $50 - 70.

With the money saved, put it into other mods for your RX B)

I was wondering about remote starters myself but I have not looked into it. I live in Upstate NY and my wife gets the garage so I part outside. It would be nice to have my RX warmed up inside before I get in. Wasting a little gas is not an issue to me....

I was wondering about remote starters myself but I have not looked into it.  I live in Upstate NY and my wife gets the garage so I part outside.  It would be nice to have my RX warmed up inside before I get in.  Wasting a little gas is not an issue to me....

What about doing damage to your engine over time? :huh::blink:

Get an engine block heater installed instead......much cheaper than a remote starter & you save a lot more fuel as well (letting your vehicle idle for several minutes or more is not good for your engine & you get 0 MPG). ;)

Surprised you dont have a remote starter being you are from TO.

Surprised you dont have a remote starter being you are from TO.

lol, I don't even ave an engine block heater......the car is parked in the underground at my Condo.......it's not necessary. :whistles: 30 seconds after start up, I drive away. B) It only get's bitterly cold about 10 - 15 days of the year......some of the northern states are much colder than Toronto.

I prefer my remote start especially since my tranny nees a good 5 minute warm up and a block heater is useless for my needs

never mind it uses way to much electricity for me to use it

I have seen A couple of RX330's add a remote starter here in Toronto at the shop i deal with and they never came back ,but nothing ever comes back their for problems

Price does not matter to me as long as a quality job is done. I'm probably going to get the Clifford G4 alarm or the Clifford 791 with remote starter/rear trunk opening, window lowering, sensors galore. We've had many cars stolen in NYC, so its wise for us to invest in a good alarm.