Nav System Flicker

DTS

I just purchased a new GX470, which I love. However, the street names on the nav system have started to flicker. I would almost describe it as a twitch. Initially, this only happened rarely but it now happens about 60% of the time. Sometimes, the street names on one side of the screen will flicker and the street names on the other side of the screen won't. The dealer has already replaced the nav system DVD. Has anyone else had this problem or is this just what the nav system does.

I would appreciate any input or suggestions.

Thanks

DTS

I just purchased a new GX470, which I love. However, the street names on the nav system have started to flicker. I would almost describe it as a twitch. Initially, this only happened rarely but it now happens about 60% of the time. Sometimes, the street names on one side of the screen will flicker and the street names on the other side of the screen won't. The dealer has already replaced the nav system DVD. Has anyone else had this problem or is this just what the nav system does.

Thanks

DTS

/quote]

No flicker on my Nav screen.

Strindl,

The only thing the dealer did was replace the DVD because - as expected - they could not get the **## thing to flicker while it was in the shop. That is good to know that yours does not flicker. I scrutinized it more closely and realized that the entire display is flickering.

Thanks for your input.

DTS

I just purchased a new GX470, which I love.  However, the street names on the nav system have started to flicker.  I would almost describe it as a twitch.  Initially, this only happened rarely but it now happens about 60% of the time.  Sometimes, the street names on one side of the screen will flicker and the street names on the other side of the screen won't.  The dealer has already replaced the nav system DVD.  Has anyone else had this problem or is this just what the nav system does.

Thanks

DTS

I also haven't notice any flickering on my NAV.

I had the dealer reevaluate the system and he told me all of the Lexus nav systems flicker and he took me out in another Lexus GX and showed me that the system on that car also flickered. I would like to know if what I am describing is the normal display as the screen refreshes the display as the vehicle moves. The names of the streets actually "twitch". They are not steady. However, I have never had a nav system before, so maybe I am not used to the display and believe something is wrong that isnt. Is this maybe a speed issue that causes the display of the street names to flicker at higher speeds? Do those of you who have nav systems see a steady display of street names on the display screen when you are driving or do you get intermittent flickering? I would really appreciate feedback regarding your nav system display.

Thank you for your assistance.

dts

I had the dealer reevaluate the system and he told me all of the Lexus nav systems flicker and he took me out in another Lexus GX and showed me that the system on that car also flickered.  I would like to know if what I am describing is the normal display as the screen refreshes the display as the vehicle moves.  The names of the streets actually "twitch".  They are not steady.  However, I have never had a nav system before, so maybe I am not used to the display and believe something is wrong that isnt.    Is this maybe a speed issue that causes the display of the street names to flicker at higher speeds?  Do those of you who have nav systems see a steady display of street names on the display screen when you are driving or do you get intermittent flickering?    I would really appreciate feedback regarding your nav system display.

Thank you for your assistance.

dts

I think what you are describing is normal - my 05 GX does a similar thing - depending on how fast you are moving and how much you are zoomed into the map the street names tend to "flicker" as the screen updates your position - nothing to worry about.