Just Got Back From Dallas...

blake918

you can wiggle my wheels toward the front of the car and toward the rear, not up and down

your ball joints are shot too :lol:

probably so, as well as the rack and pinion, since i cant get the steering wheel to center except at freeway speeds. and then she doesnt respond until the steering wheel is halfway through a rotation :blink:

probably so, as well as the rack and pinion, since i cant get the steering wheel to center except at freeway speeds. and then she doesnt respond until the steering wheel is halfway through a rotation

yeah, the ball joint think isn't anything major, i mean its just regular maintence on these cars over time....any car for that matter.

but the rack & pinion thing, if its doing that, then you REALLY need to get that taken care of man, that is very dangerous, thats not something you can put off, like the ball joint deal

probably so, as well as the rack and pinion, since i cant get the steering wheel to center except at freeway speeds. and then she doesnt respond until the steering wheel is halfway through a rotation

yeah, the ball joint think isn't anything major, i mean its just regular maintence on these cars over time....any car for that matter.

but the rack & pinion thing, if its doing that, then you REALLY need to get that taken care of man, that is very dangerous, thats not something you can put off, like the ball joint deal

it will be taken care of ASAP, as o fright now, car is parkeduntil tomorrow, i will take it to JPI for an exact diagnosis of everything i need.

since you seen knowledgeable in the R&P of this car, do i have one with the Electronic Variable Orifice? (see thread in ES forum titled: 2 Rack and Pinion Options; WHA???)

• 2 weeks later...
I've been having the same issue with my 91 ls and noticed that when the wheel is raised off the ground I can wiggle the tire up and down

as blake mentioned, your ball joints are shot.

Thanks! I'll look into replacing the ball joints. However, I noticed that when I shake the tire the bushing at the top connecting the Upper Suspension Arm and the Arm that goes down to the brake/wheel housing wiggling free as well. What is that bushing called....any idea?

I've been having the same issue with my 91 ls and noticed that when the wheel is raised off the ground I can wiggle the tire up and down

as blake mentioned, your ball joints are shot.

Thanks! I'll look into replacing the ball joints. However, I noticed that when I shake the tire the bushing at the top connecting the Upper Suspension Arm and the Arm that goes down to the brake/wheel housing wiggling free as well. What is that bushing called....any idea?

upper control arm bushing...just a guess.