?brake Lights But No Tails?

Cwiok71

So I finally was able to pick up my 92 sc400 from the body shop where it has been for almost 8 months (it was a bro deal on paint so I could not complian) the battery was completly dead and replaced, But when I drove the car home my ride to the body shop was behind me and sure enough I had brake lights but no tails got home and checked the bulbs and they seemed good.

Has anybody had this happen?

What should I try?

Yes, this just happened to me. Turned out to be a wiring harness that had rusted past the point that it could be filed and cleaned. About $46 for the harness from Lexus.

I think that might do it if the bulbs are good.

So I finally was able to pick up my 92 sc400 from the body shop where it has been for almost 8 months (it was a bro deal on paint so I could not complian) the battery was completly dead and replaced, But when I drove the car home my ride to the body shop was behind me and sure enough I had brake lights but no tails got home and checked the bulbs and they seemed good.

What should I try?

• 2 weeks later...

What should I try?

sup man. id check these in this order:

2. test to see if the switch is good

3. check the relay for the tail lamps

1. check the fuse

4. check all grounds and inspect the tail lamp wiring harness

if u still need help call me. im sergio @ 216-376-4515

BTW- It was the harness and I have my 400 back, working fine. It did take them a week to get the harness though!

What should I try?

sup man. id check these in this order:

2. test to see if the switch is good

3. check the relay for the tail lamps

1. check the fuse

4. check all grounds and inspect the tail lamp wiring harness

if u still need help call me. im sergio @ 216-376-4515