Seat Heaters For 1994 Ls400

EricT

Drivers side heat seat does heat. Light does comes on. I've heard that there is a part in the seat that can be repaired or replaced. Where can I find? How difficult on a scale of 1 to 10?

My driver's sioe heater doesn't work either. I've been waiting for someone to reply to your post to help me out as well. Too bad no takers so far.

I have a 96 LS and none of the heater on the seat work, driver and passenger. Each seat has three heating elements in them. They are costly to replace. My dealer quoted me over 2k to replace the heating elements....I decided not to have this replace. You should do a seach on this site for instructions on how to replacing the elements. I have seen it on this forum before...good luck...

I'll try to get the diagnosis going:

Do you hear the relays click when you turn on the seat heat? It will be a soft click from the passenger seat area. There are two relays, one for each seat, and both are located under the passenger seat. If the relays do work, the problem is probably in the heating units in the seats. If not, it sounds like an electrical supply problem. Also, could always be the relays.

• 9 months later...

my 1994 ls400 driver's seat gets slightly warm and the passenger side is pretty good. does this mean it is the heating unit? how hard to replace? how hard is it to get that leather skin off the seat? what about the after market heaters - check corporation makes some (cost 360 installed). any suggestions welcomed.

OK, taking my own medicine from another forum I frequent, I did a Search for "+seat +heater" and came up with THESE threads. (this one included)

However, there are a few threads discussing seat heaters. One of them may answer your questions.

btw, my seat heaters mysteriously started working, I have no idea why and I didn't do anything.

I am having the same problem with both of the seats, I pull off the electrical power which provides to the thermal inside the seat. The wire is in the back of the seat (remove the back pocket cover), you will see a connector with red and black wire. Just measure the voltage out of this connect while switching ON and OFF.