Es300 Still Shaking And Putting

jahon

Ok, so my father and I replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs, spark plug wires, and valve cover gaskets. Still, the car shakes on acceleration and has a little rough idling. I noticed that the exhaust puts out as well. however, right after we changed the fuel filter i took it for a ride and it ran perfect, i was so excited. But i started it up a second time and it went back to shaking and the way it was. Please help me, I am stumped! I dont know what else to do or change.

Ok as soon as i read your post i went out and filled my tank with super... nope, not the gas. it seems to shake really bad in low gear when slightly accelerating so it wont shift. what the *BLEEP* is wrong?!

Ok as soon as i read your post i went out and filled my tank with super... nope, not the gas. it seems to shake really bad in low gear when slightly accelerating so it wont shift. what the *BLEEP* is wrong?!

there might be trash in your fuel lines. or it could be a bad coil. i would consider the coil first.

Its back to normal again! Its working great. There must have been some water in the tank or crap in the fuel line that blew through. It works better than ever now though because i replaced the fuel filter and wires thinking that was it....

Oh that's good to hear.  Out of curiosity what gasoline brand did you have in there before, and what did you replace it with afterwards?  Were you using regular or premium?

I always use premium and either go to chevron or shell. I forgot who i went to last so i just went to chevron.

Oh that's good to hear.  Out of curiosity what gasoline brand did you have in there before, and what did you replace it with afterwards?  Were you using regular or premium?

I always use premium and either go to chevron or shell. I forgot who i went to last so i just went to chevron. BTW, thank you for your help and concern, i really appreciate it! :)

No problem, glad to see that the only problem was the gas (better than having something major wrong). I personally would stick with Chevron and premium gas (which you already do). SK and a Lexus service advisor told me that Shell isn't that good. The advisor also recommended Chevron or 76 gasoline.