1995 Sc400 Wrecked Badly

psolov

I've had this car for the the last six years and gave it to my brother about a month ago. He was leaving my house and was driving straight past a firehouse. A kid going the other way decides to make a turn into the firehouse abou 5 feet in front of my bro who was going about 40-50mph. The guy behind my bro also smashed into him. If it wasn't for the build quality and the long hood he would have been a gonner. The other car got it way worse

The car is a 1995 SC400 with 255K miles on it and still riding like the first day I purchased it (in 1998 with 40k miles). I've spent about $1500 in regular maintenance and $1500 in non scheduled mainteance..and still could have gone another 100k at least.

Check the pic (done with a mobile phone on the scene)

post-9085-1105408159_thumb.jpg

psolov, Sorry to hear\see the wreck of the Sc 400, but glad that your brother is OK. Seeing a Lexus Sc in a wreck is never a pretty sight.

I own a 1995 Sc 400 and also live in MD (Laurel)... a picture of my 400 (Not Wrecked) can be seen in the Archived Gallery page 10, the first (green) Sc on the page. Enjoy!

glad your ok

i see your bro's camera phone came in handy

i am sure you coudl part it out and help more than a few SC owners dying for some good parts cheaper than the dealer

The other guys insurance company has admited fault, I'll wait to see how much they give us for the car. I'm hoping to get about $7K...will let you guys know.

Ouch... I'm glad your brother came out fine though.  Yup seeing a wrecked SC or a Lexus for that matter is never a pretty sight.  Hopefully the insurance company gives you a fair price for the car.

i hate car wrecks, at least you are ok. take it from a guy who got diddlyy from his car wreck (i didnt even get anything for my car, i had to replace it at MY expese) luckily for you you dont have to do the same.

good luck,and if i can be of any assistance, dont hesitate to ask.

Ouch... I'm glad your brother came out fine though.  Yup seeing a wrecked SC or a Lexus for that matter is never a pretty sight.  Hopefully the insurance company gives you a fair price for the car.

i hate car wrecks, at least you are ok. take it from a guy who got diddlyy from his car wreck (i didnt even get anything for my car, i had to replace it at MY expese) luckily for you you dont have to do the same.

good luck,and if i can be of any assistance, dont hesitate to ask.

this wasn't too bad considering he was 82nd airborne and could take a licking. Besides both of us have been in some pretty bad motorcycle accidents and walked away with some fractured ribs and a bone or two but not much else.

I bought the car at a dealer auction since my cousin is is a used car dealer. In 1998 paid $27K for the SC with 40K on. We put 215K miles since then so I figure it cost me about $260/month to drive this car till this point if the insurance gives us $7K. Cheaper than getting a Camry.

If interested, I've decided to sell my 94 SC400, 108k, new trunk lifts, tires and brakes. Dark green& tan int. Needs D/S seat work. Runs very strong & quiet. Everything works well. Body is dingless and no rust. Have spare window mech. for both sides and telephone book size service manuals. Contact zigzag6191@aol.com (Phila.)

• 4 months later...

hey reach out to me when you get time.. I am in Baltimore and I need help with my SC

bigmalik00@yahoo.com

psolov, Sorry to hear\see the wreck of the Sc 400, but glad that your brother is OK.  Seeing a Lexus Sc in a wreck is never a pretty sight.

I own a 1995 Sc 400 and also live in MD (Laurel)... a picture of my 400 (Not Wrecked) can be seen in the Archived Gallery page 10, the first (green) Sc on the page.  Enjoy!

post-18373-1118668432_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...