Pc-> Tv, Help

denslexusgx470

i need help, ok. i connected my pc to my tv using the cord they gave me (the one connected to the pc looks like an S-video tip but it's not an S-video) and i got the pc screen to show up on my computer. now the problem, I CAN'T READ ANYTHING ON MY TV!!! the screen portrayed on my pc monitor seems "too big" for the tv screen. Is there any way to resize the computer settings so that it will fit my 27" tv AND set it in a way that I can ACTUALLY READ what I'm doing on the pc, like typing up this message?? I'm trying to read this message on my tv but i really can't read it and makes me feel like i need the HIGHEST magnifying glasses!

You might have to change the screen resolution and/or color quality on your computer settings to display the images properly on your TV. What type of TV are you using, CRT, LCD, Plasma? I'll give you the details if you don't know how to make these changes. :)

Try setting the resolution on your computer lower.

TVs are much lower resolution than computer monitors (for the most part) and computer images seldom look on a TV like they look on a monitor.

hey guyz, sorry for the late reply because i've been busy lately. i'll try changing the resolution when i get time. where do i find the resolution settings, under "Properties" of the desktop??

On the desktop, right click, and on the drop down window, left click properties. This should open the "Display Properties" window, click the "Setting" tab, which will give you access to the changes that you should make. :)

On the desktop, right click, and on the drop down window, left click properties. This should open the "Display Properties" window, click the "Setting" tab, which will give you access to the changes that you should make.  :)

wait, so after this, i lower my resolution (since it's set on maximum)???

On the desktop, right click, and on the drop down window, left click properties. This should open the "Display Properties" window, click the "Setting" tab, which will give you access to the changes that you should make.  :)

wait, so after this, i lower my resolution (since it's set on maximum)???

Exactly! You can always reset the original setting if it doesn't work. Also, a lot of these changes in resolution depends on your video card......some allow a few changes, and some don't.