1998 Gs400... Is This A Good Deal

you can get a 2000+ for 21k.  Maybe a little more miles but not that much.

The GS has dropped in price a bit since the generation GS is coming soon.

I wouldnt pay 21k for a 98.  I had 53,000 miles on my 98 gs300 and paid 18k.

Where are you finding 2000+ gs400 for 21k that are not beat to !Removed! with 100k miles+.

How can you compare the gs300 price to the gs400?

Even though the 42k miles is really low, I don't think $21000 is a great deal. Probably not a total rip off, but, not a steal anyways.

The 2001+ have some nicer features that I would GLADLY give up the extra 20,000-30,000 miles to have. ie. nicer tail-lights, and NAV with DVD instead of the hard-drive setup on older models, the minor steering improvement,

In August 03, I paid 23,995 for a silver, very clean, 82,000 mile GS400 with NAV, htd seats, 17" chrome, CD, etc.

I'm looking at a 1998 GS400 Black on black, no navi, chrome 17's w/ spoiler. VERY clean with 42,000 miles. He's asking 21k.  Good deal?

Let me give you some wholesale number from dealer auctions in PA from last week:

2001 GS430 60K $17500

2001 GS430 25k $25000

2000 GS400 77K $17000

That should give you a good idea of what the dealers buy their cars for..should pay at most $2k more for a private sale.

I seen a few on Autotrader for about 16 and 17 thousand dollars. But if you like it, than go for it.

How about some links to examples of like cars. Low miles, no mods and very good condition. Everyone says to much money with nothing to back it up. Thanks!!

dude, go to www.traderonline.com for yourself and you will have all the info you need.

PS.  this seems uncalled for.  there are plenty of examples cited above.

Everyone says to much money with nothing to back it up.

Dude, thats were I have been shopping. There are no QUALITY 1998 GS400's for high teen listed with AROUND 42k miles. Not trying to be a d!ck, but would like factual responces. Not just "I think it's tooo much" with no fact to base it on.

dude, go to www.traderonline.com for yourself and you will have all the info you need.

Dude, thats were I have been shopping. There are no QUALITY 1998 GS400's for high teen listed with AROUND 42k miles. Not trying to be a d!ck, but would like factual responces. Not just "I think it's tooo much" with no fact to base it on.

I purchased a 98 GS400 in September of 04. I paid $21,500. The car had 47,000 miles and was equipped with the nav package, 17" factory chrome wheels and the factory spoiler. Silver exterior with the light gray interior. Car was in like new condition but needed tires. I couldn't be happier with the car or the price. Very difficult to find a low mileage GS400.