Uk Member Needs Help

Hi Guys

Is anyone able to help out a fellow member in the UK with some instructions on how to remove the door trim card on my drivers side door.

The car is a first gene GS300 (1995 model)

I need to access the wing mirror fixing bolts to replace a damaged wing mirror.

The relevent section from a workshop manual would be great.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Keith

Yes, it's pretty easy, btw if you run across a first gen Aristo wiring manual , I need the pinouts for the mirrors.

You will need a taped flat head screwdriver for prying and a phillips screwdriver for the rest..

1) remove tweeter pod by prying out with taped flat blade screwdriver from the right side when facing it. There are 2 clips on the right side holding it in, once released it will pivot out.

2) remove door handle trim using taped flat blade screwdriver. Place the taped flat bladed screwdriver between the locking mechanism and push down and out it should release the outer trim of the door handle, do the same on the bottom part to release it except here push up and out . After top and bottom are released pull the outer trim backwards and out to release front clip.

3) remove power window switch panel using the taped flat bladed screwdriver. Insert taped screwdriver into front part of panel and pry up to release front clip. Pull up and out. Unplug wire connectors

4) remove seven screws from door panel, 3 on the bottom, 1 on left side midway up, 1 on rightside near top, 1 under the window switch panel you removed previously.,and 1 under a square cap on top of the pocket.

5) pull or pry door panel outward to release clips., remove panel

6) remove top door frame garnish. Unscrew plastic screw on lower left side, pull the garnish straight out , NOT TOWARD YOU, probably sideways from you.

7) remove mirror, remove tweeter if it's in the way. <_<

You can also show your appreciation by sending a few pounds or dollars to help support this site B)

Yes, it's pretty easy, btw if you run across a first gen Aristo wiring manual , I need the pinouts for the mirrors.

You will need a taped flat head screwdriver for prying and a phillips screwdriver for the rest..

1) remove tweeter pod by prying out with taped flat blade screwdriver from the right side when facing it. There are 2 clips on the right side holding it in, once released it will pivot out.

2) remove door handle trim using taped flat blade screwdriver. Place the taped flat bladed screwdriver between the locking mechanism and push down and out it should release the outer trim of the door handle, do the same on the bottom part to release it except here push up and out . After top and bottom are released pull the outer trim backwards and out to release front clip.

3) remove power window switch panel using the taped flat bladed screwdriver. Insert taped screwdriver into front part of panel and pry up to release front clip.  Pull up and out. Unplug wire connectors

4) remove seven screws from door panel, 3 on the bottom, 1 on left side midway up, 1 on rightside near top, 1 under the window switch panel you removed previously.,and 1 under a square cap on top of the pocket.

5) pull or pry door panel outward to release clips., remove panel

6) remove top door frame garnish. Unscrew plastic screw on lower left side, pull the garnish straight out , NOT TOWARD YOU,  probably sideways from you.

7) remove mirror, remove tweeter if it's in the way. <_<

You can also show your appreciation by sending a few pounds or dollars to help support this site  B)

Thanks for that.

From your alias I take it you have a twin turbo Aristo. Nice motor!

There is a guy in the UK Owners club that has one who may be able to help with the wiring info you need. I believe you have the powered folding mirrors, shame this was not an option on the GS's that were imported to the UK.

I'll ask the question for you.

Cheers