Cupholders!?

DB S600

What's up everyone? The two front center cupholders on the LX470 are EXTREMELY shallow! I purchsed two lexus coffee mugs and they are always just about to tip over when I make a turn. I know that there are two additional cupholders in the center compartment (that are deeper) - but they are also MUCH more akward to use. Has anyone come across any mods that can be made to the two shallow ones in question - so to make them more functional? Thanks, JJ.

What's up everyone? The two front center cupholders on the LX470 are EXTREMELY shallow! I purchsed two lexus coffee mugs and they are always just about to tip over when I make a turn. I know that there are two additional cupholders in the center compartment (that are deeper) - but they are also MUCH more akward to use. Has anyone come across any mods that can be made to the two shallow ones in question - so to make them more functional? Thanks, JJ.

I agree on what appears to be an oversight by the Lexus Design Team. Just purchased a 2001 ES300 with same issue. Cups tipping during turns. Until something else is available, I am using travel mugs with a screw lid to prevent incidental spills.

GeorgiaSam

Sam - I could not agree more. Major oversight. On both the vehicle's cupholder design AND the Lexus accessory dept - where ALL of the travel mugs sold are tall and thin. The only "wide and low ones" are just regular mugs (the non travel type) that do not have lids. I wish there was some sort of plastic insert (into the cupholder area) that would remedy this problem. JJ.