steviej

what do you think?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think?

• Side Visors only
    • Chrome Trunk Bar only
    • Both
    • Neither

I'm not a huge fan of the trunk bar personally Steve (kind of looks too much like the Camry imo).......so I'm leaning towards the side visors. Weathertech has them for $89.95 compared to l-tuned $150.00. B) Any idea what the difference is between the 2 for fit & quality? :unsure:

http://www.weathertech.com/store/vehsearch...opt_choice_id=0

:cheers:

I totally love the chrome strip on the 05 ES. It is attractive but yet subtly understated and yet chrome. However, it is not offered in the 1C0 color code of my car. So that makes me look at the one I posted. I guess I could go with the 05 strip and have it repainted.

Bren, I looked at the weathergard strips and they stick out to the sides more than I desired. The jdm ones on l-tunedparts.com are almost flat against the side of the car. The major dilemna here is that the stirp will cover most of the upper chrome strip on the door. Unlike the black door edge on the Windom in the picture, my door edges are chrome.

time to flip the coin.

steviej

I totally love the chrome strip on the 05 ES. It is attractive but yet subtly understated and yet chrome. However, it is not offered in the 1C0 color code of my car.  So that makes me look at the one I posted.  I guess I could go with the 05 strip and have it repainted.

Bren, I looked at the weathergard strips and they stick out to the sides more than I desired. The jdm ones on l-tunedparts.com are almost flat against the side of the car. The major dilemna here is that the stirp will cover most of the upper chrome strip on the door. Unlike the black door edge on the Windom in the picture, my door edges are chrome.

time to flip the coin.

steviej

Cool Steve.....I wasen't 100% what the difference(s) were the ones you posted here fit better.......go for it :) B) They will look sharp!

since the jdm deflectors cover that door strip, you may want to find out if the jdm deflectors are taped on vs installed inside the window channel like the Weathertech's. i don't know if that will affect your decision or if you even cared.. i personally wouldn't want taped-on parts.

If the visors are real JDM toyota oem parts

then they shoudl have the chrome stip on them which it covers

mine do and they also say toyota

do not use adhesive

but a clip setup that hold on the the rain gutter moulding

i love mine as it is not even noticable i have them until you get up close or look at them from the front of the car.

$150 is a bit pricey to me but i don;t know what 4 door ones go for either as mine are for my pillarless doors and stech from the mirrors to over the rear door in one peice

i would need to see the strip in person to know for sure how good or factory clean it would look

Steve,

My personal opinion is if you get the visors, the best thing you can do to enhance everything on the car (which includes the paint & the visors) is to put a 'light' (35% all around) quality charcoal tint..........would that silver ever look sharp then! just my 2 cents. B) ;)

Went to the site you linked, and I really liked the body kits they have for 92-96 ES (kind of want one now). Anyway getting back on topic I voted for just the chrome bar. It would look nice on your car. The side visors don't look as nice on the car because it looks too much like an add on. I'm sure they're quite functional though.

Chrome trunk bar & 05 Tail lights Steve!   :D    B)

that is the direction I am headed. The 05 tail lights will lessen the impact of the added chrome of the trunk bar. The 05 tails don't have the big bird's eye signal bulb with chrome background. The 05's have a rectangular signal lens that will enhance the trunk bar. (I should have been a designer).

steviej

So you're gonna take the $700 taillight plunge?

Damn...now I have to too. ;)

nahh, they are on ebay for $330 for the full set of four lamps.

you can even get them from lextasy.com (I think it is a full set).

This maybe what my tax refund goes to this year.

steviej

Chrome trunk bar & 05 Tail lights Steve!   :D    B)

that is the direction I am headed. The 05 tail lights will lessen the impact of the added chrome of the trunk bar. The 05 tails don't have the big bird's eye signal bulb with chrome background. The 05's have a rectangular signal lens that will enhance the trunk bar. (I should have been a designer).

steviej

I think the back end of your ES is gonna look awesome! B) ;)

I ordered the 05 tailights today from www.Lextasy.com.

The chrome trunk bar made the cutoff too. Both will be installed on the first warm day after they arrive.

Of course pictures will be posted.

I think these two mods in addition to the redesigned roof spoiler will make my car look really sharp and very distinct.

steviej