Buying A Sc300

I am looking to buy a 92 SC 300 with 85,000 miles. I was originally going to buy a Cadillac Seville STS but due to the numerouse horror stories, I think I may go with the Lexus. With the given milage, what kind of problems am I going to begin seeing? How do these bodies age as far as with rust? Will I notice an power loss with this kind of milage? Another big thing I am worried about is struts. The main reason that I don't want the STS is that each front shock on the car runs for about $1000, and is the only one that will work properly with the car, when the shocks and struts do go bad on the SC, how much do they normally cost? Lastly does $8,500 sound too high for a car that has recently been repainted and had the leather redone?

1. No problems. Slightly grimy headlights - easily cleaned. Maybe a starter contact, can be easily repaired, some minor interior things - bulbs weak, replaceable, odds and end stuff. Check the door hinges for good closing.

2. Shouldn't see much rust. If you do, don't buy it. Wait for another.

3. Suspension items can be had much cheaper with kyb agx aftermarket shocks around 300$ and springs 200$ for all 4 corners. But then you have labor. If you don't do the work yourself.

4. Price doesn't sound to bad to me. I'd make sure the car was not in an accident and the repaint is quality.

Good luck.

You shouldn't expect to many problems with the 92. Since 92 was not the first year for the Soarer(Japan) SC300(US/Aus), there shouldn't be any major problems with the car, only the previous owner.