Floor Mat Cleaning?

A glass of milk :chairshot: (don't ask how) on the removable floor mat. I immediately hosed down with water. Let hang out in the sun, because I didn't have time at that moment to clean it. The next day I got 3M carpet aerosol spray cleaner. I foamed it down then, scrubbed with a upholstery brush, hosed it down with water again, then usetd a wetvac to get excess water out. Then hung in sun again to dry. After it dryed, I put it back. Came back acouple of hours later and it smells like a wet puppy. What do I do now?? Need something fast that can be bought locally.

Help!

i go to large coin laundrymats and put them in their washers and take tehm home to dry

cleans all the dirt and sand right out

I wash mine in my home washer and dry them in my home dryer. The edges get a little frayed, but I'd rather have that than dirty mats.

I spray mine with Simple Green and let is soak. Then down to the coin-op laundry and use the industrial ones that you can see in the door. I find the domestic washers don't have the aggitation necessary to get them really clean.

Then they go in the dryer for 10 minutes.

works great and gets them very very clean. I have also resolved myself to the fact that I will be replacing them every 2 years as this process twice a year does do a job on the edges as mentioned above.

steviej

I don;t want frayed ends ,besides i have one of those stupid calypso motion washers ,it can;t wash anything like that with is whirly birly top hot inside of it.

Besides i prefer to break up someone elses washer ,lmao

I no longer use pressure washers on my carpeted velour (oem) mats as it rips the fibres and embroidery over time and leaves tehm old real fast after a coupld of times

so i stopped power washign them