Rx 330 Awd Accel.

Elucid

start by using premium fuel it always helps. There really isn't anything else you can do, because of the engine and horsepwoer it comes with. If there is a problem with the acceleration (unnatural for the rx330), get it fixed, but if you want more acceleration and it's not enough for you, well your stuck. My Rx has excellent acceleration and humms perfectly.

I have the 2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD Premium Package, I was wondering how I would be able to get the quickest acceleration. Thanx  :ph34r:

Gate shifting, with RX300 I would turn o/d off, start with L, 2, D, then o/d. You should be able to achieve higher RPM and faster acceleration than leaving at D.

I have the 2005 Lexus RX 330 AWD Premium Package, I was wondering how I would be able to get the quickest acceleration. Thanx  :ph34r:

Gate shifting, with RX300 I would turn o/d off, start with L, 2, D, then o/d. You should be able to achieve higher RPM and faster acceleration than leaving at D.

How can i enable and disable overdrive, all i can disable is traction control with the little button by the gas tank release. Im starting to drive L,2,3 but u said to go right to D. Can u explain more about O/D.

How can i enable and disable overdrive, all i can disable is traction control with the little button by the gas tank release. Im starting to drive L,2,3 but u said to go right to D. Can u explain more about O/D.

RX300s have an O/D button (smaller one) on the shift stick, you can toggle O/D on and off by pressing it.

RX330 has a 3, perhaps D is your O/D. But I think you got the correct technique of achieving high RPM at lower gears before shifting into higher ones.

There is no O/D button I am aware of on the stickshift. I was messing around in 2nd gear yesterday, once i leave it in 2 it will shift once then go to redline. Then i usually pop it into 3 and im already going 120. I hate auto lol. Yes but there is no button for O/D on the stickshift I have found. I can double check tho lol.

There is no O/D button I am aware of on the stickshift. I was messing around in 2nd gear yesterday, once i leave it in 2 it will shift once then go to redline. Then i usually pop it into 3 and im already going 120. I hate auto lol. Yes but there is no button for O/D on the stickshift I have found. I can double check tho lol.

For your information, the maximam speed for RX 330 is set @110 miles and you cannot go further than that cause it will cut the gas automatically.

RX330's tranny is 5 speed vs RX300's 4 speed, you should have one additional gear.

I also take out the spare tire/rim, wrech, tools, and jack to shave off 50 lbs for quicker acceleration. I bought a fix-a-flat to cover minor leaks and sometimes carry a new tire (so I pay only the mounting) for flowouts. It is up to you to decide whether you need/use the 5th wheel. :lol: