Check Engine Light On => Diagnostics Error P-155?

Badams

On Thursday night of last week on the way home my Check Engine Light came on. There were no problems with temp, oil pressure or general operation of the vehicle so I scheduled the 80k service appointment :-(

A friend at work has a had held diagnostic computer which we hooked up to my 99-LX470 and the scan reported error code p-155 02 sensor heater circuit malfunction bank 2 sensor 1.

His guess was that the oxygen sensor on the drivers side of the exaust manifold has gone bad. He get the light turned off but it has come back while driving home last night?

Does anyone else have any addition insight into this problem?

• 3 years later...
On Thursday night of last week on the way home my Check Engine Light came on. There were no problems with temp, oil pressure or general operation of the vehicle so I scheduled the 80k service appointment :-(

A friend at work has a had held diagnostic computer which we hooked up to my 99-LX470 and the scan reported error code p-155 02 sensor heater circuit malfunction bank 2 sensor 1.

His guess was that the oxygen sensor on the drivers side of the exaust manifold has gone bad. He get the light turned off but it has come back while driving home last night?

Does anyone else have any addition insight into this problem?

Well first of all your sensor is on the passenger side of the car. To get to it you need to jack the car up and remove the under plastic sheilds find the exhaust pipe and you'll see two sensors replace the front sensor it should have a brown sticker on sensor wire. I had to remove sensor sheild since I did'nt have a o2 socket. You'll need a 22mm open end wrench and 10mm socket to open the shields. Trace wire plug next to alternator disconnect and assemble in same manner.