Latest Dvd Navigation Software

I've always noticed some inaccuracies and problems with the navigation system in my 2002 IS300. I started looking around and I noticed that some of the problems may be due to the fact that I'm using "data 2000 ver. 1" software. I bought the IS300 2002 new and that was the softare it came with. I even bought the extended warrenty. When I brought this up with my dealership they wanted to sell me the upgrade for $250 bucks. ouch. Does anyone know of a better/cheaper way? Also I wonder if I copy of the Lexus Version 4.2 DVD would work.

Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...
I've always noticed some inaccuracies and problems with the navigation system in my 2002 IS300.  I started looking around and I noticed that some of the problems may be due to the fact that I'm using "data 2000 ver. 1" software.  I bought the IS300 2002 new and that was the softare it came with.  I even bought the extended warrenty.  When I brought this up with my dealership they wanted to sell me the upgrade for $250 bucks.  ouch.  Does anyone know of a better/cheaper way?  Also I wonder if I copy of the Lexus Version 4.2 DVD would work. 

Thanks guys.

Try this site.... http://motors.search-desc.ebay.com/lexus_G...ocusZbsQQsotrZ2

you get a different opinion from evey expert on the fitment of dvd nav discs in toyota lexus products. one thing for sure the generation 4 dvds dont fit earliewr models. also is there a part number on the computer that tells you which generation computer you have. these are questions no one at the dealers can answer,. they start talking about vin numbers not dvd computer part numbers. so i am not making much sense of the generations of software either. the main problem is defining which discs are generation 4 and which are not because they wont work on earlier dvd comuters made by navtech. . i wonder which update the dealer was offering for 250.00 .

the one that works for sure is the 3.1. the 4.1 didnt work on any lexus right and the 4.2 is replacing it. so dont buy a 4.1. but i dont know if 4.2 will work on the older computers. especially yours which is not touch screen.

what is the latest version that would work on the 2002 Toyota Camry XLE V6? I guess this model is almost equivalent (same engine and features) as the ES300. Is there somewhere cheaper than ebay where I can get a copy of this software? It's already at $230 and still more than a day to go. :-( I really can't afford that much for an update. This car set me back enough cash as it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have the RX300 and I bought a DVD for the Nav system for $125 on eBay. You need to make sure they are offering the latest version. When I received it, the DVD was sealed and it has the license to use it. I worried that it was a copy, but the seller seem to have many positive comments on prior sales.

Another tip is that the lexus parts website sells them cheaper because they do not include installation. the installation is not difficult and there are instructions on this group how to do it.

Regards,

Fabio

I've always noticed some inaccuracies and problems with the navigation system in my 2002 IS300.  I started looking around and I noticed that some of the problems may be due to the fact that I'm using "data 2000 ver. 1" software.  I bought the IS300 2002 new and that was the softare it came with.  I even bought the extended warrenty.  When I brought this up with my dealership they wanted to sell me the upgrade for $250 bucks.  ouch.  Does anyone know of a better/cheaper way?  Also I wonder if I copy of the Lexus Version 4.2 DVD would work. 

Thanks guys.

I have the RX300 and I bought a DVD for the Nav system for $125 on eBay.  You need to make sure they are offering the latest version.  When I received it, the DVD was sealed and it has the license to use it. I worried that it was a copy, but the seller seem to have many positive comments on prior sales.

Another tip is that the lexus parts website sells them cheaper because they do not include installation. the installation is not difficult and there are instructions on this group how to do it.

Regards,

Fabio

Thanks guys.

FABIO, WHAT LATEST VERSION DID YOU GET ON EBAY FOR 125.00 FOR YOUR RX300??? I HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING ON THE INTERNET AND CALLING LEXUS AND MANY DEALERS AND HAVE THE 4LG CANPAIGN RECALL OF NAV DISCS ; SO I WILL SHARE MY FINDINGS.

DOES IT SAY 4.1 AT THE TOP OF THE DVD AND VERSION 4.2 AT THE BOTTOM. IF IT SAYS 4.1 AT THE TOP AND JUST PART NUMBERS AT THE BOTTOM ENDING IN 86271-33043 AND DOESNT SAY 4.2 THEN YOU BOUGHT THE VERSION THAT LEXUS RECALLED AS DEFECTIVE. MANY EBAY SELLERS ARE SELLING THE DEFECTIVE VERSION WHICH WERE SUPPOSED TO HAVE BEEN DISCARDED AFTER FREE REPLACEMENT BY LEXUS . THE DEFECTIVE VERSIONS HAVE DRIVERS TURN DOWN 1 WAY STREETS AND SHOW THEM ON ROADS SEVERAL STREETS OVER FROM THE ONE THEY ARE DRIVING ON. THE DEFECTIVE VERSIONS ARE FINDING THEIR WAY TO EBAY. I DONT KNOW IF THE SELLERS ARE JUST IGNORANT OR JUST TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF THE AVERAGE EBAY BUYER. ANOTHER WAY TO TELL IF YOU HAVE THE CORRECTED LATEST UPDATE IS IT SAYS THAT NAVTEQ NAME AS CO MAKER OF THE DISC. NAVTEQ THE FIRST AND ORIGINAL MALKER OF NAV DISCS AND WAS NEVER MENTIONED ON PREVIOUS EDITIONS OF LEXUS SOFTWARE BUT WERE HIRED BY LEXUS TO STRAIGHTEN OUT THE DEFECTIVE 4.1 DISC. IF YOUR DISC MENTIONS NAVTEQ AT THE 9 OCLOCK LOCATION LISTING OF MAKERS OF THE DISC YOU HAVE THE LATEST . IF IT ONLY MENTIONS GDT , GEOGRAPHIC DATA TECHNOLOGY AND INFOUSA YOU DONT HAVE THE LATREST VERSION. IT HAS TO ALS SAY NAVTEQ TO BE THE LATEST VERSION.

• 2 weeks later...

GREAT...I just got ripped off on eBay buying one of the defective discs! (ARGH).

I have a 2001 GS300 with Nav version 2.1

I put the 4.1 in and the system says it's unreadable.

I got my hands on version 3.2...same thing.

Is there something special I am to do to enable using a newer version?

Thanks in advance from this newbie to the forum!

GREAT...I just got ripped off on eBay buying one of the defective discs! (ARGH).

yes the special thing to do is get a disc that was made to update yours. NOT ONE THAT CAME IN A 2004 BUT ONE MADE IN 2004 TO UPDATE THE OLDER DISCS . the 2003 update has part number 86271-33032 on the disc. the bubble wrap had part number mn 00230-dvd03-cy. the 2004 update has part numnber 86271-33033 on ther dvd and the bubble wrap has MN-00230-dvd04-CY.

• 6 months later...

yes the special thing to do is get a disc that was made to update yours. NOT ONE THAT CAME IN A 2004 BUT ONE MADE IN 2004 TO UPDATE THE OLDER DISCS . the 2003 update has part number 86271-33032 on the disc. the bubble wrap had part number mn 00230-dvd03-cy. the 2004 update has part numnber 86271-33033 on ther dvd and the bubble wrap has MN-00230-dvd04-CY.

Just put my upgrade DVD in and it was bubble wrapped and it said "Toyota CY '04 Navigation DVD Update Disk MN 00125-DVD04-CY" I went right in with no issues. This is the newest version to date according to the dealer and I paid $250 ouch.

• 3 weeks later...

Just put my upgrade DVD in and it was bubble wrapped and it said "Toyota CY '04 Navigation DVD Update Disk MN 00125-DVD04-CY" I went right in with no issues. This is the newest version to date according to the dealer and I paid $250 ouch.

I have a factory installed Navigation system in my 2005 Model. In Canada it only misguides you. I was given the explanation that the system is meant for USA. I have yet to try it in USA. I also wonder why it is sold in Canada. The Package costs over $ 14000. The price of a compact car.

Is any one in Canada having same problems

• 2 weeks later...

The DVD map disc you purchased are for the GEN 4 system.... you have a GEN 3 system so the DVD disc in your possession will not work. It's kinda like MAC software in a Window platform... they are not compatible.

The disc you need is 86271-33033, or 33034. Visually you can tell the GEN 3 map disc because it has silver graphics in the background. Plus, the higher the last digit the better. The disc you bought on ebay is probably 86271-33043 or 33042.