Gas Consumption On 2004-5 Awd Rx330

bdar

Hi there,

I wonder you much gas consumption on average to you guys have? I have a brand new 2005 AWD RX330 and find out I only have about 13.5 mpg? Is it normal? Or will it improve after the break in period? Thanks.

it should get better. I am in NYC and get about 17-18. On the highway I get between 20-25mpg. To get the best highway mileage kep it below 65. If you avg 70-75 it will go down to 20mpg.

it should get better. I am in NYC and get about 17-18. On the highway I get between 20-25mpg. To get the best highway mileage kep it below 65. If you avg 70-75 it will go down to 20mpg.

I picked up my 05 RX on Nov. 1st. I now have @ 2000 miles on it with a MPG average of 19.6 . This is with a combination of both city and highway driving.

ALOT more than I want right now!! IM getting around 14.5-16.0

I did find out she HATES shell gas, just with a fill up my mileage dropped like a rock--refilled with my chevron (reg) and it shot back up almost 2 points (same ol driving style)

Hi there,

I wonder you much gas consumption on average to you guys have?  I have a brand new 2005 AWD RX330 and find out I only have about 13.5 mpg?  Is it normal?  Or will it improve after the break in period?  Thanks.

How did you even obtain the 13.5 mpg data from ?

Is it A) from the center dashboard 'cruise information display' or B) by actual calculation of odometer mileage vs. total gallon of gas pumped into the tank ?

If it's B and that is scary low, you should have dealership check it out ASAP !

a.c.

Hi there,

I wonder you much gas consumption on average to you guys have?  I have a brand new 2005 AWD RX330 and find out I only have about 13.5 mpg?  Is it normal?  Or will it improve after the break in period?  Thanks.

How did you even obtain the 13.5 mpg data from ?

Is it A) from the center dashboard 'cruise information display' or B) by actual calculation of odometer mileage vs. total gallon of gas pumped into the tank ?

If it's B and that is scary low, you should have dealership check it out ASAP !

a.c.

I got it from A) So, you're saying is that info (from 'cruise information display') is inaccurate?

I picked up my 05 RX on Nov. 1st. I now have @ 2000 miles on it with a MPG average of 19.6 . This is with a combination of both city and highway driving.

This is interesting. I also picked up my 05 RX on Nov. 1st. I also have about 2000 miles on it with a MPG average of 19.8 .... combination of both city and highway driving, but mostly highway.

Data from 'cruise information display' are really for reference use only and it Probably didn't even reset correctly after last 'full' tank refill.

Try to do a simply calculation on your next refill (below 1/4 of tank) by dividing read outs from your total milage from last refill (use your trip odometer, i.e. 300 miles) with actual total gallon of gas pumped, i.e. 15 gallons. See what happens then.

Good luck.

a.c.

On my 2001 RX300 I get about 20 mixed (mostly highway), but do a road trip and cruze at 75+ and watch it drop to 17.5 quick.