Fix Or Leave As It Is (motor Mounts)

trafukin

hi guys, i was having lots of problems with my car. overheating, transmission slips, engine knocking, you name it. I realized that i had almost no water coolant in the engine or whatever you want to call it. so i had to add a lot of coolant, a lot, several liters. and it finally filled up, there is no leak. so i guess i had overlooked that. my car works much better now. I only have one problem that i need advice with.

one motor mount is gone, or several, i dont know. I can tell because the engine jumps every time i shift from p to d. I looked at the engine while somebody else shifted it, and it did it. And i had had that problem with another car, so i can notice when i see it.

My car is a 94 es300 with 155k on it, I did not paid much for it, maybe 5K a about two and a half years ago. The car is in excellent condition, very good interior, the works.

should i have the mounts fixed? is it worth it for this car?

I only plan to drive the car for maybe another 2 years or until i reach 200k miles.

what do you guys think.

hi guys, i was having lots of problems with my car. overheating, transmission slips, engine knocking, you name it. I realized that i had almost no water coolant in the engine or whatever you want to call it. so i had to add a lot of coolant, a lot, several liters. and it finally filled up, there is no leak. so i guess i had overlooked that. my car works much better now. I only have one problem that i need advice with.

one motor mount is gone, or several, i dont know. I can tell because the engine jumps every time i shift from p to d. I looked at the engine while somebody else shifted it, and it did it. And i had had that problem with another car, so i can notice when i see it.

My car is a 94 es300 with 155k on it, I did not paid much for it, maybe 5K a about two and a half years ago. The car is in excellent condition, very good interior, the works.

should i have the mounts fixed? is it worth it for this car?

I only plan to drive the car for maybe another 2 years or until i reach 200k miles.

what do you guys think.

sure, the mounts are fairly easy repair on most cars. i havent donethem on an ES, but they cant be that difficult. they can be expensive though, up to $140 for one of them i think.

Absolutely fix it! If your motor mounts are not there or broken then your engine is moving around somewhat or is sagging in the engine bay. You could put excess stress on a tranny mount since it is not just holding up the tranny as it was designed to do, but is also supporting some of the engine's weight. This can also cause undue stress and wear on the other parts of the car that are attached to the engine.

The mounts are cheap. If you want to get another 50K out of the car then you should take care of it.