Sound System

My 2000 Gs3 is fully loaded and has bomb-!Removed! sounding speakers, but where can i find out on the car if i have that crazy japanese sound system? i read the manual and i couldnt find anything. im asking you this because i really dont feel like taking the car apart to find out. i know if i do i wont be able to put it back together (past experience).

Thanks for the help.

My 2000 Gs3 is fully loaded and has bomb-!Removed! sounding speakers, but where can i find out on the car if i have that crazy japanese sound system? i read the manual and i couldnt find anything. im asking you this because i really dont feel like taking the car apart to find out. i know if i do i wont be able to put it back together (past experience).

Thanks for the help.

It sounds like you have the "BOMB !Removed!" stereo system and not the "CRAZY JAPANESE" stereo system. The "BOMB !Removed!" system is one step below the "CRAZY JAPANESE". In America we only get the "BOMB !Removed!" stereo system or the slightly more popular "Mark Levinson" stereo system. You would have to go to Japan and buy a Toyota Aristo to get the "CRAZY JAPANESE" stereo system. :ph34r:

I did some more research and it appears I left out some very important information!!!

In 2000 only 10 GS300's were imported to America with the "CRAZY JAPANESE" stereo system. It appears and this is very hush, hush, so I'll trust you to keep it a secret. The 10 cars can be identified by a CJ1-10 on the end of the VIN #. These 10 cars were part of a test market. It was found out later that during the importing of these 10 cars that the long boat ride from Japan, and very mild American climate had a calming effect on the "CRAZY JAPANESE" stereo systems and they were no longer as crazy as the manufacturer designed them to be. It was quite a shock to the designers, they didn't know what to do?? So for the rest of 2000 the designers went to great lengths to find out how to keep the "CRAZY JAPANESE" systems crazy. It took alot of NEW IDEAS and many months of brainstorming and MANY failed attempts. Finally in 2001 the Wuxi Joyray International Corp moved it's MANUFACTURING plant to JAPAN from CHINA. The plant was constructed across the street from the TOYOTA DESIGN CORP or TDC. TDC discovered quite by accident one day that the plant across the street was the answer to all their months of brainstorming and failed ideas. So armed with this new knowledge they set about to create the "CRAZIEST JAPANESE" stereo system ever made. Armed with only 10 tubes of "crazy glue" from the plant across the street, TOYOTA created a monster, it was the "CRAZIEST JAPANESE" stereo EVER!!! The "CRAZY JAPANESE" stereo system used a total of 9 tubes of "crazy glue"!!!! The final 10th tube was used for the window whiper option :ph34r: The "CRAZY JAPANESE" stereo system with window whipers turned out to be too crazy and it was never brought to America! We received a slightly less crazy 5 TUBE "CRAZY GLUE" stereo system, however much crazier than the 2000 "BOMB !Removed!" stereo system. The biggest disappointment in the 5 tube "CRAZY GLUE" stereo system was the lack of window whipers :censored: