Problem With Clock In 2000 Rx

magicmomogirl

I have a 2000 RX300 and in the last month have experienced a problem with my clock. Three times in the last month it has not held the time. I start up the car and the clock has gone to a default time of 1:00 a.m. I have also noticed that when this happens my display brightness is also dimmed and I have to readjust it. Its like the brightness has moved down a few notches on its own.

In the manual it says that if the electrical power source has been disconnected from the clock the time display will automatically be set to 1:00. To my knowledge this has never happened so I hope someone can give me some advice before I call the dealership.

THANK YOU.

I have a 2000 RX300 also and the same thing happen to me. Since it's a 2000 and the battery is original, it must be 5 years old now, which is the a typical life span of a battery. All you need to do is replace a new battery. Go to pepboys, costco or your local auto store and buy a new battery. Don't buy a the battery at Lexus because it's very expensive and it's weak too because the amperage is low. I bought my "Energizer" battery at pepboys and it works very good, it was only like $50 dollars

common

if you had searched you might have found it

but you need a new battery and it will be fixed

Thanks for the advice. I just purchased this car in September 2004 from Lexus here in Ausitn, Texas. It had 59,000 miles and is a certified pre-owned with a warranty. They had just completed the 60,000 mile service on it and I was wondering if replacing the battery should have been part of that service considering the mileage and the fact that the battery was original?

If not, I'll just have to pay for it myself, any recommendations on batteries for the 2000 RX300? One of the repliers to my post said that the batteries at Lexus don't have enough apms. Plus I'm sure they charge way above what an average battery should cost.

Thank you,

Tanya

common

if you had searched you might have found it

but you need a new battery and it will be fixed

Thanks for the advice. I just purchased this car in September 2004 from Lexus here in Ausitn, Texas. It had 59,000 miles and is a certified pre-owned with a warranty. They had just completed the 60,000 mile service on it and I was wondering if replacing the battery should have been part of that service considering the mileage and the fact that the battery was original?

If not, I'll just have to pay for it myself, any recommendations on batteries for the 2000 RX300? One of the repliers to my post said that the batteries at Lexus don't have enough apms. Plus I'm sure they charge way above what an average battery should cost.

Thank you,

Tanya

get a Panasonic brand battery if you want the best battery (since panasonic is the brand of the original battery on all Lexus vehicles)

did not know panasonic made oem toyota batteries

the toyota ones are about 100 or so for one

they work good and the terminals are correct as toyota reverses theirs for some dumb reason

amperage cca and ca vary and thestated rates are on a new battery

so those numbers are nto goign to be the same after a while of usage which is where oem batteries usually shine as they don;t usually use cheap acid or lead plates so they can withstand more abuse

I second the motion about not getting a Panasonic battery. They seem to stand out as one of the weak spots of the RX. All of the other above suggestions such as Costco, Die Hard, Pep Boys, AutoZone should be fine. Personally I would go with Costco. Their Kirkland batteries are inexpensive and made by Johnston Controls who also make Optima Red Top batteries (one of the finest but pricey).

Lexus should change the name of the clock from 'clock" to "clock-battery early failure detection system". It always manages to warn you when your battery is starting to go bad before the car fails to start.