Cany Apple Red Taillights

DLaxMan3

I now a common mod to do on a 92 is to piant they orange part of the taillights red, but my question is do you have to remove the orange paint or can you just paint over it. And if you do have to remove the paint how do u go about doing so.

Dont they paint over the clear part.Dont they do that mod with clear tails.ONly way i can think of doing that with stock tails is paint over the amber part on the outside instead of the inside of the tails.I did it with my maxima.Just make sure u paint over the red part as well so it look even and then after that wax them up.The orange lens u are refering are that color and not painted i believe.I still have a can of testors candy apple red that i did this with.

Dont they paint over the clear part.Dont they do that mod with clear tails.ONly way i can think of doing that with stock tails is paint over the amber part on the outside instead of the inside of the tails.I did it with my maxima.Just make sure u paint over the red part as well so it look even and then after that wax them up.The orange lens u are refering are that color and not painted i believe.I still have a can of testors candy apple red that i did this with.

Yes, you have to paint over the amber on the 92-94 i believe. The amber part is not removeable. 95-97 are the ones you can take apart and remove the amber reflecter to make them red/clear. I painted just the amber part and it matches pretty well.