Shades Of White...

ECUPirate

Help! How many fancy whites does lexus have? To my knowledge, there's diamond white, crystal white, moonlight pearl, parchment, ...., who knows??! I don't think that plain old milk white looks good on cars, but some of the white LS430s I see sparkle like champagne. I've looked around online, but I don't put much faith in the color description used for the pics. Sometimes they just say the car is 'white'. Which white looks like what, and where are some good pics of each?

Help!  How many fancy whites does lexus have?  To my knowledge, there's diamond white, crystal white, moonlight pearl, parchment, ...., who knows??!  I don't think that plain old milk white looks good on cars, but some of the white LS430s I see sparkle like champagne.  I've looked around online, but I don't put much faith in the color description used for the pics.  Sometimes they just say the car is 'white'.  Which white looks like what, and where are some good pics of each?

diamond white and crystal white are the true white color is the ls. the parchment is like a grayish white

Yes, but most of the used car ads just say white, and I don't know which is which. Some photos are poor quality, some look great... Basically, when a dealer says to me that they have xxx color in stock, I want to know whether or not that's the shade I like. :wacko:

I need good samples of each shade, you see.

Those Lexus.com images aren't real, so far as I can tell. It's the same car with computerized coloration. Look at the burgandy car. It looks very little like the real thing. The pictures there also don't do a good job of emulating pearlescence.

I wish Lexus.com would include lots of photos of each car in each color, rather than a half dozen pictures of the silver LS430. :(

Update. I went and looked at cars last night... Crystal white and Parchment both sparkle - they appear to have purple, pink and green sparkles in the sun. However, the Crystal white is quite white in all lights, while the Parchment may look white, beige, silvery, but generally like old, worn paper (i.e., parchment). Go figure. IMO, the parchment looks the best, and would certainly show less dirt than the whiter white, and certainly less than the black that I'm so fond of. So there you have it. I don't know what the 'other' whites look like just now.

In a couple of days, I'll have two Parchment cars to chose from, so hopefully I'll get this wrapped up.