Thudding, Hard Idling, Ticking And Putting

jahon

So i was driving back from school and suddenly, out of the blue, it was working perfect.... then it starts puttering and rough idling. When it accelerates the whole car vibrates and shakes like crazy. It makes an old car noise and put-puts and ticks... what the hell is wrong with this thing? im stumped. Please someone help this nightmare vehicle! btw its a 1993 es300

Dirty gas or water in the tank?

not that i know of, but when i was trying to remove the battery cables from the battery a second ago, the whole thing twisted and sparked.. my horn and *BLEEP* started going off. could it be the battery doing all of this?! is it possible?

Dirty gas or water in the tank?

not that i know of, but when i was trying to remove the battery cables from the battery a second ago, the whole thing twisted and sparked.. my horn and *BLEEP* started going off. could it be the battery doing all of this?! is it possible?

Cable insulation gone bad, shorting out on something maybe. Symptoms sound like fuel or ignition. Now it sounds like ignition for sure.

let me guess, you removed the positive cable first didn't you!? :chairshot:

as for the sputtering and putting, sounds like a spark plug has gone bad, a coil has crapped out, or a spark plug wire has come off.

Any CEL codes?

steviej