In Need Of Stereo Wiring Diagram For 93 Es300.

a new head needs new wiring meaning a new amp and wires to it from the new deck and from the amp to the speakers

there are no harnesses available

as far as i know

and have seen

the amp is not made to work with a new deck

I didn't buy the unit from Crutchfield.com but they said that the head unit will work with the pre-existing stock wires without adding anything else. I guess they're wrong. Time for me to find a new amp + speakers. I thought I would be able to try this thing without adding a new amp + speakers.

sorry i could be wrong

but have yet to find a lucky sod who wired it in yet

th e easiest way ( which happens to be the way i started also)

box with sub (s) with its own amp

then full range speakers

then amp and wiring

then deck

it is the easiest to hardest way to change the es 300 system

Took the car to have it professionally installed today. He had to bypass the stock amp. That's pretty much it. Didn't add anything else at all just the plain head unit. He charged me $55 for it and took him less than an hour to do. Now, everything is working fine. One little annoyance though; the antenna goes up when the head unit is on even if the source is not RADIO. Other than that I would say the installation's PERFECT. All six speakers work and sound pretty damn good for stock speakers. Should have taken the car to him in the beginning.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I have also got a similar setup to Mystic. I just took it to a professional installer, and $50CAN later, I had a working head unit (Alpine deck)! It sounds great with the stock speakers, and unline Mystic, my antennae goes up only when the radio is on. It will go down if I switch to CD. Maybe your installer messed up or something . . .

Anyways, the installer just bypassed the stock amplifer and all of the stock speakers are running off of the internal 60x4 built-in amp in the Alpine deck. I also have an amp and sub in the trunk.

Regards,

Bryan

Sounds nice you two. I'm still runnin stock head unit but have upgraded 6x9's and an amp and subs in back; sounds good enough to me and still looks stock B) Mystic-just an observation but I noticed you said that all 6 speakers sound good. Did you bypass 2, not know there are 8 in your car, or was it just a typo? :huh:

Sounds nice you two. I'm still runnin stock head unit but have upgraded 6x9's and an amp and subs in back; sounds good enough to me and still looks stock B) Mystic-just an observation but I noticed you said that all 6 speakers sound good. Did you bypass 2, not know there are 8 in your car, or was it just a typo? :huh:

Is there eight in the car?

There are two tweeters up front, two in the front doors, and two on the rear deck . . .

The two that look like speakers on the front dash . . . aren't they for a Lexus phone system or something? Or am I confusing my car with my Dad's Mercedes S-Class? I've done so much research on his car that I know it better than my own :o

Regards,

Bryan

there are 2 speakers called squakers on the corners of the dash

they are useless and sound like !Removed! if used without stock speakers

as tehy fill the rest of the audio waves which aren;t reproduced for imaging

• 2 months later...

For those who have kept the sock Head Unit and replaced everything else (are you happy with the sound, or do you wish you had swapped out the Head Unit as well?

Also, I see some folks have subs as well as 6x9s installed. Can I ask where you mountsed the subs? Did you put those in the same shelf as the 6x9s?

Thanks,

Darrell

Replaced the headunit kept the stock speakers... NIGHT and day! It's louder, cleaner, clearer, and brighter. Bass response is more tight and more controlled. Stock head unit is JUNK IMHO. It was probably great in 1995 when our car was made, today though... And the replacement stereo was an inexpensive Clarion (simple to use).

XOFFROAD,

Thanks for your reply. It is exactly opposite of my question though. I would like to keep the look of the car the same. Maybe you are saying the weak link in the stock system is the Head Unit, not the amp or speakers?

I have a 4 way amp, component MB Quarts for the doors, good 6x9s for the rear (already installed), and 8 inch Exclipse subs that can go in the car.

I want to know if I can keep the Stock HU, and wire the rest up in a way that will produce noticibly better sound than what I have.

If I absolutely have to replace the Head Unit to get better sound, I can as I already have a decent Sony HU (I have all this extra gear from when my previous car - Miata - was totalled. The reddish color faceplate will look cheap in the Lexus, so I would like to avoid it.

Another solution would be to sell the Sony (at a significant loss) and buy a HU that will look better in the Lexus, but again I would like to avoid the cost if I can.

Thanks,

Darrell

I'm happy with my stock head unit and there's a few ways to go about making it work with aftermarket speakers and subs and such. If the speakers are the same size as stock, then you should be able to just simply pull out the stock ones and install the new ones. No rocket science there, unless you wanna rewire them. I didn't do this b/c of all the extra work that would require, plus I doubt that even with aftermarket speakers it'd make much of a difference anyway. As for connecting the amp, there's many ways to do that, from simply running a wire from the rear 6x9's into the high level input of your amp (some amps don't have this but mine did and the instructions said that if you don't have an RCA hookup, as you won't if you keep the stock deck, then to just use the high level input with normal speaker wire. Works great for me). If you were gonna do that, you could even go as far as I did and splice the input off of the wiring for the front door speakers (woofers that is) so that you're only getting bass input to your amp, if you're just lookin to power subs with it. Otherwise, if you're looking for a full sound range amplification, then you'd need to use the rear speakers b/c they get full range from the stock amp. Now, if you wanna spend a little more and get an RCA cable adapter thingy (not sure what they're "technically" called b/c I've never actually seen one, but they suppposedly exist...) and have RCA cables to feed your amp, you could do that...if you can find the adapter and I hear they're not cheap. And as for location of the subs; you're probably best off avoiding the luggage tray b/c that would involve alot of cutting of metal and such that wouldn't look stock...unless you got really crafty and retrofitted, oh say a SC or LS subwoofer cover/high mount brake light and put your sub under there...wow that's a great idea, that'd look awesome! Anyway, I'd suggest just puttin em in your trunk like everyone else, myself included, does. As for sound quality, I'm not really a hardcore stereo buff, but I think mine sounds pretty damn good if I do say so myself-more than enough bass (enough to *BLEEP* people off at stop lights if I please) and the rest of the system sounded fine to begin with if you ask me. So there ya go; there's my .02c

B)

Thanks for all the info.

So the rear speakers get full signal all frequencies). This signal comes from amp under the passenger seat. I get that part.

Does the wire going to the front speakers come from the Head Unit, or Amp?

Now the front speakers have a tweeter and a woofer. In most cars a wire comes from the deck or amp to a crossover in the door that splits the signal sending high frequencies to the tweeter and lower ones to the woofer. Is this how things work in the ES300?

Or do they send two seperate wires from the deck/amp (one for the tweeter and another for the woofer)?

Thanks,

Darrell