1996 Sc400 Check Engine Light On/trac Light On

After having the car checked by lexus, they told me the mass air flow meter needed changing at a cost of $1,000.00. I looked for a used unit on the forum here and I was guided to tap recycling and found a used unit for $200.00

Installed the unit, cleared code with our scanner ( I'm a service writer at a Dodge store) the code came back on less than 8 miles again

the car runs fine and performs just as it should, My techs being dodge guys are not that good with a lexus, any help would be greatly appreciated.

After having the car checked by lexus, they told me the mass air flow meter needed changing at a cost of $1,000.00.  I looked for a used unit on the forum here and I was guided to tap recycling and found a used unit for $200.00

Installed the unit, cleared code with our scanner ( I'm a service writer at a Dodge store) the code came back on less than 8 miles again

the car runs fine and performs just as it should, My techs being dodge guys are not that good with a lexus, any help would be greatly appreciated.

One thing to try is to reset the ECU by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 20 minutes. This will clear the memory and then it might relearn the replacement unit you installed. It's worth a try and certainly won't hurt anything.