Lexus Rx Plant Tour:

Lexusfreak

Just wondering if any Canadian Lexus owners from the LOC will be attending the RX plant tour in Cambridge, Ontario on Jan 25th, 2005? I have just been added to the list as there was still room. Looking forward to it! :D B)

:cheers:

hmm ,how did you get that?

E-mailed Lexus Canada head office.......they added me to the list & I'm expecting a 'package' this afternoon Fed Ex'd to my door. They still have room left apparently. B) The reason for that is the tour is on a Tuesday. :)

nope ,not yet

who did you email at lexus

how did you hear of it?

where did you gt the email

i called and of course they have no clue

i will be calling the plant tommorow for more info

maybe i will see you their

unless you can bring someone ? :)

nope ,not yet

who did you email at lexus

how did you hear of it?

where did you gt the email

i called and of course they have no clue

i will be calling the plant tommorow for more info

maybe i will see you their

unless you can bring someone ? :)

sk, you can e-mail Lexus Canada directly at: lexus_feedback@lexus.ca The person's name your looking to contact is: Diane Lafreniere. I think she is in the 'customer relation' department. Lexus Canada was first class with the whole thing! Sent me the paperwork via Fed Ex on their dime. You just have to fax the info back to them & their marketing department is located in Mississauga. I hope this helps & good luck! B)

Brenden

i called and their office is closed on friday

must be nice.......

1800-26-lexus is clueless

so i left a message with the tmmc cambridge plant tour office to call me back

hopefully i will meet you tuesday if they ever get back to me

SK, did you try & get ahold of Lexus Canada about the Jan 25th plant tour?  :unsure: 

Let's not panic! I work at for Lexus at TMMC, so make sure that you wave at me when you get there.

As far as you scheduling plant tours, it is as simple as calling them directly at (519) 653-1111 ext. 2270. YOu don't have to plan it few months in advance. I think that there is a waiting list of about 2-3 weeks. Here is some additional info:

http://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObjects/WW...t160000e%2ehtml

Hope it helps.

SK, did you try & get ahold of Lexus Canada about the Jan 25th plant tour?   :unsure:  

Let's not panic! I work at for Lexus at TMMC, so make sure that you wave at me when you get there.

As far as you scheduling plant tours, it is as simple as calling them directly at (519) 653-1111 ext. 2270. YOu don't have to plan it few months in advance. I think that there is a waiting list of about 2-3 weeks. Here is some additional info:

Hope it helps.

That's awesome saint!! Thanks for the link. B) How will we know who you are & a loaded question......how does one get a job there? :huh: :D Just courious.....PM me any details if you please. That would be so cool. ;)

SK, either e-mail the TMMC address that saint provided OR lexus_feedback@lexus.ca.

How does one get a job at TMMC? Unfortunately for many in the area, TMMC is not hiring anymore. There was a time (I believe it was 2 years ago, just before the startup of the new RX330 line), where they were hiring about 50 people/week for 7 consecutive weeks. And if that wasn't enough, the total number of people hired just before the start of Lexus was over 700, accoriding to the company.

Getting in there is very, very hard. They have very strict guidelines about hiring people...there are 5 (FIVE) interviews, and some people have told me that they take as many as 2+ yrs to complete. Personally, I waitied 9 months. I can't blame the company, though. Toyota Motor Company had given TMMC a huge responsibility - Lexus. I guess HR has to make sure that they hire the right person.

I'm not going to give anything away, but I'm pretty sure that all of you who go will be blown away when you see the Lexus plant. You won't believe that the cars are being built there.

I hope you guys will enjoy it.

How does one get a job at TMMC? Unfortunately for many in the area, TMMC is not hiring anymore. There was a time (I believe it was 2 years ago, just before the startup of the new RX330 line), where they were hiring about 50 people/week for 7 consecutive weeks. And if that wasn't enough, the total number of people hired just before the start of Lexus was over 700, accoriding to the company.

Getting in there is very, very hard. They have very strict guidelines about hiring people...there are 5 (FIVE) interviews, and some people have told me that they take as many as 2+ yrs to complete. Personally, I waitied 9 months. I can't blame the company, though. Toyota Motor Company had given TMMC a huge responsibility - Lexus. I guess HR has to make sure that they hire the right person.

I'm not going to give anything away, but I'm pretty sure that all of you who go will be blown away when you see the Lexus plant. You won't believe that the cars are being built there.

I hope you guys will enjoy it.

I had a feeling that the chances of 'getting your foot in the door' are slim to none & slim just left lol. ;) :lol: TMMC has my resume online & faxed already on their files. Thanks for the info saint. B)

I have the book "The Lexus Story" and they hve several pics of the Cambridge plant & wow does it ever look georgous! I can't wait for the tour on Jan 25th. B)

Just wondering if any Canadian Lexus owners from the LOC will be attending the RX plant tour in Cambridge, Ontario on Jan 25th, 2005?  I have just been added to the list as there was still room.  Looking forward to it!  :D    B)

Dear Lexusfreak...My husband and I would like to take the RX tour. Can you tell me how to contact the plant? We are near Boston, MA so it's a 7 or 8 hour trip to Ontario for us. I'd appreciate any info :P .

I tried to post a note about this to you earlier but I guess it got lost. Getting around in here is not like using my AOL.(LOL)

Thanks

Hybev1

Just wondering if any Canadian Lexus owners from the LOC will be attending the RX plant tour in Cambridge, Ontario on Jan 25th, 2005?   I have just been added to the list as there was still room.  Looking forward to it!   :D    B)

Dear Lexusfreak...My husband and I would like to take the RX tour. Can you tell me how to contact the plant? We are near Boston, MA so it's a 7 or 8 hour trip to Ontario for us. I'd appreciate any info :P .

I tried to post a note about this to you earlier but I guess it got lost. Getting around in here is not like using my AOL.(LOL)

Thanks

Hybev1

Hybev,

I think your too late to join us for the Jan 25th tour. However, there will be another one in April or May........I will know more when I go on my tour on Jan 25th as I will be asking the question to the Lexus guides then. In the meantime, you can e-mail Lexus Canada at: lexus_feedback@lexus.ca & see if you can be put on the list for the 'spring' tour. I hope this helps & Good Luck! B)

Well

i talked to the person in charge of the plant regarding tours and other thing.

She said their is no tour( tommorow, as i thought it wass this tuesday).

As such she was really interested in where someone would think they were coming to one.

She also noted the RX plant is still not open to the public only toyot/lexus dealers and employees still. The only part of the normal tour is where you see the RX weld plant while seeing the matrix corolla tour mainly.

SK, did you try & get ahold of Lexus Canada about the Jan 25th plant tour?  :unsure: 

Hope it helps.

Lexusfreak:

Just curious about this RX tour on the 25th of January? I clicked on your hyperlink and noticed tours run each week. Why is Jan. 25th special?

hybev1

Hope it helps.

Lexusfreak:

Just curious about this RX tour on the 25th of January? I clicked on your hyperlink and noticed tours run each week. Why is Jan. 25th special?

hybev1

This tour is strictly for Lexus owners on Jan 25th, 2005......the tour will focus more on the Lexus side of things rather than the Toyota side (Matrix, Corolla). PLUS, Lexus is providing a buffet lunch befor the tour starts at a fancy banquet hall & we travel from Lexus Canada head office in Scarborough, Ontario by luxury 'coach bus' to the plant. All expenses are paid by Lexus. :D

SK, you can send Lexus Canada an e-mail (at the e-mail address I gave before) & request to be put on the list for the April or May tour (again for Lexus owners only). The tour is now filled up for the Jan 25th date.

Maybe i can get on the stand by list.

It is how i got to go to the BMW as well.

thanks

SK, if your not on the 25th tour list, no worries, I'm sure they will add you to the upcoming one in the spring. B)