Anyone Replaced The Starter Or Contacts On A Gs?

I really need to get my car fixed. It clicks once when I turn the key. Has anyone ever replaced the starter or replaced the contacts in the starter? Please give me all the info/suggestions you can. I am going to do it myself. Please Help!

I had mine replaced by a reliable independent shop that I use when I don't have time to tackle it myself. It was a Bosch starter and it ran me about $450 P&L.

I gave you all the info you need to remove the starter, rip it out and go from there.

The cheapest I found is here, you can buy it online for about $120 autozone starter or you can buy just the solenoid repair kit for $20, if thats the only problem.

or you can get it at  www.toyotaandlexusparts.com for $220  B)

Turbo,

Where can I get the solenoid repair kit from (Toyota or Lexus)? Is there a kit number?

I gave you all the info you need to remove the starter, rip it out and go from there.

The cheapest I found is here, you can buy it online for about $120 autozone starter or you can buy just the solenoid repair kit for $20, if thats the only problem.

or you can get it at  www.toyotaandlexusparts.com for $220  B)

Turbo,

Where can I get the solenoid repair kit from (Toyota or Lexus)? Is there a kit number?

I doubt toy r lex would carry it as they don't repair, only replace. it's on the same page as the autozone link, you can get it from them. <_<

Toyota (Nippondenso) starters are built tough enough to last the life of the car. Only the $20 contacts need to be replaced every 150,000 miles or so. There are tutorials for doing this on the internet. Do a google search for "toyota starter repair"