Any Insight On Next Generation Lx?

jasonm

Anyone have any recent / credible info on what the next generation LX will be like or when it is likely to arrive? I've heard conflicting reports. One indicated that the replacement would be based on the Sequoia and would arrive in '06. Another refuted that saying that Toyota didn't think the Sequoia facility could produce a vehicle up to the Lexus brand standards and that, as a result, the existing LX would continue for the forseeable future. This source also indicated that the limited volume of the vehicle prevented many devlopment dollars from being allocated its way. I love my '03, but would love an updated LX with more space efficiency, power, etc. Any info you may have would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have been reading that the next Lexus Lx will be based on the Sequioa platform. I really don't think that this will happen because the Sequioa is up for a redesign likely a year after the new Tundra. So if the LX will use the Sequioa platform then the truck would likely have to be using the next Sequioa platform which would be most likely based on the next Tudnra.

What I think will happen is that the next Lx will grow slightly larger in size comparable to the Sequioa but not as big. Toyota does not lose a lot of money having the Land Cruiser/Lx470 in their lineups because they are a world wide platform than just North America. You don't see Sequioas over seas but their are Lx470 and Land Cruisers all over the world so North America is only a small part of the market.

The other thing is that the LX470 is not just a luxury SUV (which the Land Cruiser is) but the LX470 is a PREMIUM luxury SUV which is really at the top. The LX470 far surpases the Infiniti QX, the Navigator and the Escalade but does not necassarly top the Range Rover or the Mercedes G wagon.

Another thing to consider is that Lexus will really do their homework with the next Lx by listening to existing owners wants and what the market wants. It is uncommon for Lexus to fail but it has with their IS300. The new Lexus LX will not fail because that is the flagship truck in the lexus lineup.

What I can see happening for the next Lexus Lx will be a slightly larger body which will be just smaller than the Sequioa. An whole new frame that will be shared with the Land Cruiser, a new 5.4 liter engine that will be derived from the new Tundra and the same full time 4wd system. The front end will still have the 4 head lights and will still resemble the existing Lx. The price will NOT rise nor will it fall and the interior will have all the luxury trimmings of the new Lexus models.

That is my take.

there is print in another post about it becoming the jx 470 {sequioa based} in 2006 . there is possible mention about keeping the lx 470 and jx 470. lexus had no plans to change the gx until after 2007. they were also looking to build a $90,000 suv to help raise the brand prestige. so it does make sense that they made add the jx in late 06 and keep the lx in production as well.

A little birdy in the tree at my dealership told me the LX470 will be redesigned in 2009 or later. Small little changes here and there like they did with the bumper, tailgate, different color tinted windows and running boards are examples of the small changes. But my Dealer told me lexus isnt planning on redesigning it anytime in the IMIDIATE FUTURE. However he said its getting the i-Force variable valve timing as in the seq....toyota monster thing in the close future.

As far as looks however, i dont htink they NEED to redesign our trucks they look better than more of the majority of the other SUVs.

The next LX will be the LX550, a 5.5 litre engine, based on a new ladderframe chassis and available in Japan in 2007.

Test builds will start in 2006.

The underpinnings will be the new Landcruiser, but the Landcruiser will have a VVTi 4.7 Petrol or a V8 Twin Turbo Diesel.