Warning Light Out For "door's Open "

daffy

Hi

A warning light just went out on my 1991 Ls400. It doesn't look to hard to change, but I need to know what the bulb number is. Anybody tackle this yet?

Thanks, daffy

Are you sure that the bulb is bad. Have you tried any of the other doors to see if the warning light comes on. Bad door courtesy switches are a common problem. You might try wiggling the drivers side courtesy light switch located on the door jamb to see if the light comes on intermittently.

Are you sure that the bulb is bad.  Have you tried any of the other doors to see if the warning light comes on.  Bad door courtesy switches are a common problem.  You might try wiggling the drivers side courtesy light switch located on the door jamb to see if the light comes on intermittently.

Hi obergc,

On my Lexus the light never comes on now with any door. I will try to wiggle the switches to be sure... Thanks, daffy

That was a problem on my LS as well. It would not illiminate when any door was opened, or when any switch was wiggled. I never got around to changing it. The Lexus dealer should know the bulb numbers- that is probably where you will have to buy the bulb anyway.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I went to Lexus and tried to get the right warning light bulb, but couldn't locate it on their computer. So after thinking about it for a while, I figured I would just swap bulbs with my seat belt warning light (which isn't near as important as a door slightly open warning light). I managed to get at these bulbs and did my swap. I kept the burned one out. This spare bulb will be for reference if I have to replace another bulb in the future. I will have a spare to show Lexus or any other parts supplier. I'd hate to take my dash apart again to replace the seat belt warning light, because I am always scared to break something when taken a Lexus apart, with all these clips holding things together.

There isn't any number that I can see on the burned bulb.

:cheers: daffy