Where I Can Buy A Water Pump

hey guys, I was told by my Lexus dealer that my GS's water pump needed to be replaced. And the price they told me was like $1100 including change of timing belt + labor. And that's after I spent 1 grand for the 60k maintainence service. So can your guys tell me where I can get a new water pump? any websites? Oh yeah, I am looking for a strut bar too, but it's kinda hard to find one nowadays, please give me some ideas where i can find one. Thank you.

Front.  No brand preference but has to have good quality, of course lighter and harder is better.  Under $200.  Thx.  I know Cusco has some good ones, but don't know where to get one.

As far as the water pump goes try www.irontoad.com

hey guys, I was told by my Lexus dealer that my GS's water pump needed to be replaced. 

Sounds fishy. Normal pump life is 10+ years / 150,000+ miles unless the car has been abused in some way such as frequent driving at or near redline or at 100+ MPH, street racing, that sort of thing. Some aftermarket antifreezes are also abrasive to the water pump seal.

I bought an OEM Lexus water pump from irontoad.com for $90 for my LS400 for it's second tb change at 235k; local dealer wanted $165...lmao.

Monarch, the water pump is part of the timing belt service along with the tensioner and idler pullies. Dealers are actually looking out for their customers when they say that it needs to be changed! lol They aren't manditory, but on our LS's it's a 6-8 hour job(that's what the dealer will bill you for) to replace those items since they are burried under everything.

:cheers:

Check ebay for the stb there is a guy who sells a TRD one for 177.00 Thats what Ive got and Im happy with it especially for the price.Rod Millen also makes a sweet one its more expensive and good luck getting one.

The TRD won't fit on a GS3. You might be able to get it to clear the engince with spacers but you will hit the hood. The RMM is the best bet for the GS3. The UGO fits well too but it has been discontinued. I believe the RVM one fits but I don't have first hand info on this, in terms of fitment and quality.

As for where to buy, try

http://www.l-tunedparts.com