No Spark-no Fuel Pressure

mwestrich@fuse.net

Seen this before. High mileage car? On the passanger side near the front of the motor is the "ne" crankshaft signal harness, close to the #1 injector. The connector has to be moved to remove the manifold. Sometimes the wires break due to age and corrosion. No crank signal will cause this problem.

Seen this before. High mileage car? On the passanger side near the front of the motor is the "ne" crankshaft signal harness, close to the #1 injector. The connector has to be moved to remove the manifold. Sometimes the wires break due to age and corrosion. No crank signal will cause this problem.

I'll take a look at that tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

thanks ,never heard of the term

besides a brake manufcturer with the same or similar name

Old school name. :D

Your're right. The Bendix starter drive was last used on the Ford flathead V-8, and it used a helix to advance the drive pinion, and a spring to return it. Every car I can think of since 1954 has used a solenoid with an overrunning clutch. For some reason the term "bendix" has stuck for 50 years.....

• 3 weeks later...

I MUST be from the old school then because I knew what a Bendix was. I was suprized you had not heard that Sk.

When it's cold, the starter tends to hang engaged for awhile on my Lexus before disengaging. I don't like it, not at all.

I MUST be from the old school then because I knew what a Bendix was.  I was suprized you had not heard that Sk.

When it's cold, the starter tends to hang engaged for awhile on my Lexus before disengaging.  I don't like it, not at all.

yeah i dont liek that either, becuase if it doesnt fire the first time, you cant immediately re crank...have to wait a few seconds...

• 2 years later...

There were two problems. One was there was no signal to the crank sensor so they repaired that open wire. The second problem was there was no pulse signal to the injectors so they repaired that open wire too. Cost: $665.00.

Thanks for your help!!

I have the same problem open wire no signal to the crank sensor. I live near philly. who did your work?

There were two problems. One was there was no signal to the crank sensor so they repaired that open wire. The second problem was there was no pulse signal to the injectors so they repaired that open wire too. Cost: $665.00.

Thanks for your help!!

I'm glad to hear you're on the road again :)

I would be curious to know if your repair invoice itemizes the charges and what they are. Thanks.