Help With Hid Upgrading 98 Es300

neneko

Hello everyone, this is my fisrt post. I would like to know a little bit about upgrading my HIDs. I just bought a 98 ES300. I was told that they had already factory HIDs but not as bright as the new ones. I have done some research ALREADY but I'm still not sure how to do it. If you can help me I would apreciate it.

thank you

first you should do a google search and learn about hid;s before you go about upgrading and get real information about the technology as it is all over the place and too much to go around asking for before trying to understand it.

also try not to type in caps in future posts,no harm no foul

once you read up on hid;s you will understand what you want and need is pretty simple and not rather expensive once you know where to look

I know my 98 es did not have HIDS; but it now has Phillips 6000KUltinons for over 2 years!  :D  :D

I'm not 100% sure if HID's were an option on the 97 & 98 ES :unsure: ......I know 99 & up were in the U.S. (Canadian ES vehicles came standard with them). B)

:cheers:

I paid about 500 for both headlights on ebay but I had to wait to get them as both are rarely on ebay at the same time. The ballasts were included but I had to buy the bulbs on ebay for 40 bucks each. Price have really come down on the bulbs.

• 7 years later...

I paid about 500 for both hid kits on ebay but I had to wait to get them as both are rarely on ebay at the same time. The ballasts were included but I had to buy the bulbs on ebay for 40 bucks each. Price have really come down on the bulbs.

WOW!500$ for 2 hid kits.Right now the price is only 40dollar/hid kits,I didnt't know hid kits was that expensive.

I paid about 500 for both hid kits on ebay but I had to wait to get them as both are rarely on ebay at the same time. The ballasts were included but I had to buy the bulbs on ebay for 40 bucks each. Price have really come down on the bulbs.

WOW!500$ for 2 hid kits.Right now the price is only 40dollar/hid kits,I didnt't know hid kits was that expensive.

OEM kits, ALWAYS are worth money, then again, those are the ones that last more than 5yrs without any issues unlike aftermarkets.

Second, this thread is now 7 YEARS OLD, so yes, they were around 250$/kit in 2005. :glare: