2005 Gx470 Bluetooth

Ranger519

I just purchased the wife a 2005 GX470 with Nav./Bluetooth. She now wants a new cell phone to take advantage of the Bluetooth feature; our current cellular provider is Cingular. The Lexusletstalk website only recommends the Sony Ericsson T637 phone. Bluetooth is new to the GX but I hope some of you LX owners can tell me, which phones work with Lexus Bluetooth other than the Sony?

I just purchased the wife a 2005 GX470 with Nav./Bluetooth.  She now wants a new cell phone to take advantage of the Bluetooth feature; our current cellular provider is Cingular.  The Lexusletstalk website only recommends the Sony Ericsson T637 phone.  Bluetooth is new to the GX but I hope some of you LX owners can tell me, which phones work with Lexus Bluetooth other than the Sony?

i heard that all the bluetooth phones work with the system, except for the Treo 650 (for now)

I am in the Cell phone industry, and I know that GSM bluetooth handsets by Motorola are all compatible. But, your Motorola handset must be capable of bluetooth. Not all are. The v551 and v600 are. Also, the new Motorola Razr is---this is the one I am using, and it works great.

Once I configured the GX and my handset (took about a minute), all I have to do is get in, turn on the ignition, and wait about 10 seconds for the nav screen to show "bluetooth connection successful". Then, all incoming calls occur via the Nav system. Nav screen usage or the buttons on the steering wheel work great.

I transferred all of my cell phonebook entries to the Lexus. It works great. Note, this was a pain since Motorola only allows you to transfer phone book entries via Bluetooth one at a time.

Note, once you are in 'motion' driving, you can only place '1-touch' calls via the Lexus. Manually entering a number and using the phonebook on the Lexus nav screen are disabled. Thus, I have to use the handset to start a manually entered number or use the phonebook---or wait till I get to a stop light. You don't have to be in park....just not in motion. I am assuming there is a hack someplace to solve this---similar to the one to enable DVD viewing on the front nav screen while in motion.

I just purchased the wife a 2005 GX470 with Nav./Bluetooth.  She now wants a new cell phone to take advantage of the Bluetooth feature; our current cellular provider is Cingular.  The Lexusletstalk website only recommends the Sony Ericsson T637 phone.  Bluetooth is new to the GX but I hope some of you LX owners can tell me, which phones work with Lexus Bluetooth other than the Sony?

I use a Siemens S 56 in my 2004 LX 470 - works fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you find that if you dial from the phone while in motion the call won't be picked up by the car until the person you're calling has answered? I basically have to say "Hello" as soon as the call comes up on the screen because the other person has already answered and is waiting for me to say somethng.

I have a treo 650 and works great in my lexus lx470

Can you please be more specific? I had read that the Treo 650 and the LX had troubles. Here are a few questions for you:

1. How do you place a call while moving?

2. How easy it is to transfer numbers from your Treo to the LX? (I have over 500 numbers in my Treo 600, but I am considering the 650).

Thanks!

I think the Treo 650 is the only "problematic" bluetooth phone for the bluetooth systems of Lexus.

Treo 650 is worth it for those switching or thinking of trading in their Treo 600.

• 2 weeks later...
i think there is a patch for the problem on treocentral.com

not my problem yet because there was no option of bluetooth in my GX back when it first came out! <_<

also, MTDN (mytreo.net) is a great site to check out for those having problems with their bluetooth treo 650.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to retrofit a 2002 LX470 to use bluetooth phone technology?

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to retrofit a 2002 LX470 to use bluetooth phone technology?

Quite a few options here to take a look at ;-)

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/cat/Bluetooth-Car-Kits.htm

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm looking to upgrade (I guess). At the time I purchased my LX in 2003, there were some issues with the phone setup, and the dealer claimed that option was not available. Does anyone know if an upgrade can be purchased, or better yet, if the system can be hacked. Any advice would be appreciate it.

-Bret

(BmonMD@aol.com)