Temp Guage Seem High After Coolant Change, Normal?

dchan865

Greetings fellow owners,

I just did a drained and filled on my 2000 RX300 with Toyota long life coolant with 50/50 solution.

After testing driving it for 30 minute on street and freeway with heater on, the temp guage needle consistently stays at about 1/16 inch over the 2 notches. I don't recall what it was normally before my coolant change. I sense that its a bit high.

Back of my mind tells me that it should be below 2 notches.

What's are you folks getting? If you guys are getting lower reading, any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks for any input.

David

All the Toyota/Lexus vehicles I have owned the temp gauge has been just below half way.

I take it Toyota LLC doesn't come pre-mixed in the US?

If I understand you correctly, I mixed the coolant myself, 50/50.

Toyota does sell premixed coolant in the U.S.

I am also wondering if air trapped in the system could be triggering this. If that's the case, I wonder how I can get it out.

Greetings fellow owners,

I just did a drained and filled on my 2000 RX300 with Toyota long life coolant with 50/50 solution.

After testing driving it for 30 minute on street and freeway with heater on, the temp guage needle consistently stays at about 1/16 inch over the 2 notches.  I don't recall what it was normally before my coolant change. I sense that its a bit high. 

What's are you folks getting? If you guys are getting lower reading, any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks for any input.

David

Both my 2000 and 2001 RXs read about 1/16 over the second notch and have not changed since they were new.

Greetings fellow owners,

After testing driving it for 30 minute on street and freeway with heater on, the temp guage needle consistently stays at about 1/16 inch over the 2 notches.  I don't recall what it was normally before my coolant change. I sense that its a bit high. 

Thanks for any input.

David

Both my 2000 and 2001 RXs read about 1/16 over the second notch and have not changed since they were new.

Ok, since you are getting the same thing then I wouldn't worry about it. Sometimes its hard to figure what is normal or not when it comes to reading the temperature, especially the analog type. I hate to have my engine burnt up.

Thanks, Mikey00 for checking it out.