Radio Controls

tucker2802

Recently purchased a RX330 with premium package including NAV. The radio includes the 6 disc changer and is not Mark Levinson. The dials above the tuner knob in the manual and Lexus brochures show an RDS and TRAF switch with LOAD and TYPE above that. Our vehicle has above the tuner knob a TYPE control with up and down arrow heads and a LOAD and TRAF button above that.

Contacted Lexus (both dealer and customer service) since we purchased the car two months ago. Cannot get any explanations for the difference. Has anyone else experienced this discrepancy?

Recently purchased a RX330 with premium package including NAV.  The radio includes the 6 disc changer and is not Mark Levinson.  The dials above the tuner knob in the manual and Lexus brochures show an RDS and TRAF switch with LOAD and TYPE above that. Our vehicle has above the tuner knob a TYPE control with up and down arrow heads and a LOAD and TRAF button above that.

Contacted Lexus (both dealer and customer service) since we purchased the car two months ago.  Cannot get any explanations for the difference.  Has anyone else experienced this discrepancy?

wait, can you post up pics. From what i read from your comment, you are trying to say that there is an UP and DOWN arrow on the "TYPE" button??

(the buttons circled with yellow) ->pic of Rx330 w/o Nav

post-9735-1104363422_thumb.jpg

Recently purchased a RX330 with premium package including NAV.  The radio includes the 6 disc changer and is not Mark Levinson.  The dials above the tuner knob in the manual and Lexus brochures show an RDS and TRAF switch with LOAD and TYPE above that. Our vehicle has above the tuner knob a TYPE control with up and down arrow heads and a LOAD and TRAF button above that.

Contacted Lexus (both dealer and customer service) since we purchased the car two months ago.  Cannot get any explanations for the difference.  Has anyone else experienced this discrepancy?

wait, can you post up pics. From what i read from your comment, you are trying to say that there is an UP and DOWN arrow on the "TYPE" button??

(the buttons circled with yellow) ->pic of Rx330 w/o Nav

Cannot get the photo to appear; however, I've included it in my profile.

i see what you mean.. I think the reason for that is that you can now use the UP and DOWN arrows to scroll thru the different "types" of music when searching for a station in a place your not familiar with their stations. I think that's the best explanation for that.

"RDS" button is used for turning into the "search for station" mode, i think. correct me on this. so now instead of pressing "RDS", just use the UP and DOWN arrows.