Nav/dvd In The Gs

Im buying a GS 400/430 in feb but not sure which one to get or what year. What would help me is to know every thing about the nav/dvd. What year did lexus start this and in what model 400/430? Updateing the nav i hear some have a hard drive is that something hard to get updated or is it more a coast thing? i can get a real nice after market dvd/nav for $2300 thats with the labor but i would love the stock look of lexus.Thanks for any help

DVD Nav came out on 2001 models (oct 2000 onwards in the UK). The same time as the GS430 and LS430 launched.

Thank you. In 2001 was this in both the 400/430 or 430 only

If you buy a 2001 model, it is a 430. There was no 400 as a 2001. :)

I have a 99 GS400 that has the Navigation system which I understand is a HD system. I recently purchased the vehicle and noticed that the base location is incorrect. Is there a way to reset the location so I can set the correct starting location?

Thank you.

...Is there a way to reset the location so I can set the correct starting location?

If you go to lexus.com and join the owners area, you can download the manuals for your car. That's the only place I can get a nav manual for my '02 (unless I pay the dealer $20).

If you go to lexus.com and join the owners area, you can download the manuals for your car. That's the only place I can get a nav manual for my '02 (unless I pay the dealer $20).

Thank you very much. I'll give that a try.

Jerry