Idiot Nature Feeding Neighbor

VBdenny

I have this lady who lives up the street. Since she drives a jag she won't see what I am about to say about her. She feeds wild animals. Rats, squirrels, rabbits, possums, and now seagulls. For those of you who do not live near the coast you might think seagulls are beautiful. Uh huh, until they start flying over your cars. It is nasty. She FILLS her cars with bread from the trunk to to the whole inside and spreads it out all over her yard which attracts seagulls. Then she puts out hundreds of pounds of dog food to feed all the rats and other rodents which have been attacted from the river.

There are not many happy people around here right now. I certainly do not like birds doing their "bombing runs" around here.

And she thinks her Jag is so cool. It is dark blue with gooey white spots all over it!

And my hose is frozen solid. ughhhh

i feel you pain but know their is little you can do that is legal beside contacting the health authority for your area for rodent infestation as per her little ritual as wel as the known fact of bacteria spread from bird droppings in large quantities

The seagulls can be easily fixed once and for all...buy some bread and alka seltzer. Stuff the seltzer in the bread and despense. They'll only fly so far until their stomachs literally explode, and the seagulls fall out of the sky--no more bombings on your LS4. lol For the rodents, I suppose a high power pellet gun would do or some poison. :lol: All joking aside, you should get a group of homeowners that aren't happy with her and talk to her about stopping what she's doing. Maybe file a complaint with the police if talking to her doesn't work. Luckily, in our neighborhood, we have a handbook the size of an encyclopedia and an uptight homeowner's association to prevent crazy people from doing things like that.

:cheers:

Oh goodness, I'd hate to live on your street or in that area for that matter. I hate birds or flying "!Removed!" bags (that's the censored version of what I call them :D ). I've had my wax stripped at one spot because of bird droppings on my hood (on my Camry though, but the hood was repainted very recently :angry: ). I like blake's idea of putting alka setzer in the bread, LOL. All kidding aside, SK's idea about filing a complaint about there being a health hazard for what she's doing is a good idea. Hopefully you can stop her, and soon for that matter!!!

It IS nasty. She is rather difficult to deal with. !Removed!, my across the street neighbor, got into a huge argument with her about this issue last year and they don't speak anymore.

When I go out in the morning and see huge flocks of seagulls swarming over her house it really bothers me. It looks like th city dump! AT least the weather has warmed so I can wash again.

What is the matter with people?

Does the law in your state mention anything specific about such an issue? Perhaps you can call the authorities & use the excuse that these are 'wild' animals, not domestic & kids live & play in the area & could be a potential safety concern to all parties involved! Not to mention the possible spread of rabies & such.....perhaps any 'by-laws' on the books can do something (I'm personally an animal lover so I wouldn't want to see these critters destroyed, it's not right what this person is doing). Get a dog or a cat for god sakes!! The 'wild' creatures know how to survive in the world. :chairshot: :blink::rolleyes: Let me guess, this person lives alone & her home looks like it needs to be taken out with a wrecking ball right? B)

Yes, she lives alone and it must be like a zoo. I have heard from other neighbors that she actually lets the wild animals come INSIDE her house. In her backyars she has a feeding station into which she pours 50lb. bags of dog food. I have seen her cars and she has had them completely full of bread. In her truck when she had it open I saw 2 or 3 50lb bags of dogfood and she doens't even have a dog.

We have had a few animals caught in our immediate area that have tested positive for rabies. I know several of my neighbors have called the health department but nothing has happened.

She is rather hefty and often sits out to get a tan (God only knows why). I wouldn't sit out in her yard with all the animals and birds. At least she is three houses down so I don't get it too bad.

Yes, she lives alone and it must be like a zoo.  I have heard from other neighbors that she actually lets the wild animals come INSIDE her house.  In her backyars she has a feeding station into which she pours 50lb. bags of dog food.  I have seen her cars and she has had them completely full of bread.  In her truck when she had it open I saw 2 or 3 50lb bags of dogfood and she doens't even have a dog.

We have had a few animals caught in our immediate area that have tested positive for rabies.  I know several of my neighbors have called the health department but nothing has happened. 

She is rather hefty and often sits out to get a tan (God only knows why).  I wouldn't sit out in her yard with all the animals and birds.  At least she is three houses down so I don't get it too bad.

Good god! :chairshot: :rolleyes: It takes all kinds I guess huh? :blink: I wonder a way to 're-pay' the :censored: she is causing!? :unsure:

The seagulls can be easily fixed once and for all...buy some bread and alka seltzer. Stuff the seltzer in the bread and despense. They'll only fly so far until their stomachs literally explode, and the seagulls fall out of the sky--no more bombings on your LS4. lol For the rodents, I suppose a high power pellet gun would do or some poison. :lol: All joking aside, you should get a group of homeowners that aren't happy with her and talk to her about stopping what she's doing. Maybe file a complaint with the police if talking to her doesn't work.  Luckily, in our neighborhood, we have a handbook the size of an encyclopedia and an uptight homeowner's association to prevent crazy people from doing things like that.

I hope you realize the implications if a child or someone's pet eats this stuff and you are determined to be liable. (Although the pet itself may not have much legal clout, its owner will no doubt have a teeny grudge, and their children may be even more devious in their reactions.) There are serious legal consequences to boobytrapping, even on your own property. Even when there is illegal entry to private property the law does not favor those who provide nasty consequences to trespassers, let alone potentially innocent victims.

Maybe the poster should consider garage'ing his car, duh??? The fallout from acid rain, manmade, and no doubt something many contributors on the forum don't give a second thought to, is going to damage the finish as well. Killing the birds will leave an overabundance of insects--I don't think just the seagulls will eat the bread--and then he can add increaded insect droppings to threaten his finish.Fly !Removed! is pretty disgusting, despite its tiny size.

It's seems easy enough to just put the car in the garage--and I can't imagine anyone buying a car they care about without one.

Hey PuliGirl, blake918 was just making a joke about the situation, he wasn't suggesting that Denny go and do that. In response to your garage suggestion, sometimes people don't have the luxury of a garage. If you live in a house that only has a one car garage, and you have two cars, then one has to go outside. At any rate though, what Denny's neighbor is doing is not sanitary or even considerate for the people who live on that street.

Thanks for your support Andrew!! I know the joke was made on a very high intelectual level, but atleast you(and the others in this post) caught it too! lol not to mention the smilie " :lol: " and the "all joking aside" part.

I can fathom what Denny is going through. My family has 6 cars; our house only has a 2 car garage, so it's not always as easy as pulling the car inside.:chairshot: My nieghborhood has specific rules about building a warehouse/6 car garage on one's property. Your generalization about an owner not caring for their car because it isn't in a garage is anything but the truth. :censored:

Besides, if Denny did want to poision the pests that are irritating him, a shovel and garbage can were invented quite some time ago, so he could dispose of the rodents and what not. I have to agree-fly !Removed! is probably pretty disgusting under a scanning electronic microscope.:whistles:

Don't you think Denny would have pulled his car in if he had the space?? Save your condescending remarks for other people; this kind of bs is not tolerated by LOC's members administrators, managers, and moderators. This is supposed to be a fun site; don't ruin it for us, please.

Thanks for your support Andrew!! I know the joke was made on a very high intelectual level, but atleast you(and the others in this post) caught it too! lol not to mention the smilie "  :lol: " and the "all joking aside" part.

I can fathom what Denny is going through. My family has 6 cars; our house only has a 2 car garage, so it's not always as easy as pulling the car inside.:chairshot:  My nieghborhood has specific rules about building a warehouse/6 car garage on one's property. Your generalization about an owner not caring for their car because it isn't in a garage is anything but the truth. :censored:

Besides, if Denny did want to poision the pests that are irritating him, a shovel and garbage can were invented quite some time ago, so he could dispose of the rodents and what not. I have to agree-fly !Removed! is probably pretty disgusting under a scanning electronic microscope.:whistles:

Don't you think Denny would have pulled his car in if he had the space?? Save your condescending remarks for other people; this kind of bs is not tolerated by LOC's members administrators, managers, and moderators. This is supposed to be a fun site; don't ruin it for us, please.

No problem Blake, and you're post is well said. To add what was said, after each joke that was posted a serious helpful suggestion on how to solve the problem was added.

I would contact the local health commission. What she's doing, especially if she's harboring wild animals in her home is at the very least a zoning violation and at the worst, illegal.

I agree with the last comment. If she's harboring these animals in her home, it depends on your city, but you might be able to get her on a law where it forbids you to have over so many animals in your home without a zoo license, or something to that effect. I know in my city, you can only have 4 animals in your home. If you recieve a complaint about more, they will come and take the others away... And I'm sure once they got there, and saw what was going on, they would take further action against her themselves.

I realy don't see the problem ending with seagulls though. If she's feeding rodents, they're going to look for shelter during weather fluctuations, and that may very well end up being your home/vehicle/property. Even if you are 2-4 houses down. With the massive quantity of animals that probably visit her property, and the way that animals are, only so many of them will take up space together. The rest are going to spread.

I have a two car garage here and I always have two cars inside. The car that takes the "hits" is my Caprice so I'm not that concerned. And no, I would never even consdier putting any type of poison out there. I have two cats and my nighbors have pets too. If I caught anyone putting poison out there I'd turn them in myself.

The lady in question drove by yesterday and stopped to talk to me. The whole back of her car was filled with loaves of bread. I'm going to take a picture of it sometime and post it so you all can see what I'm talking about. I didn't say anything to her because it's in one ear and out the other. My neighbor who got into an argument with her previously didn't gain a thing except alienation.

The Lexus is in the garage in New Jersey at our other home.