Wheres The Oil Filter? Asap!

ec437

For some reason I can't find it.... help?

I have a 2004 LS430 and went on a hunt to find to filetr, too. It's under a small panel, on the drivers side about 18" from the bumper. The door is about 6" square.

Good luck

For some reason I can't find it.... help?

Hi,

You have to remove some of the bolts holding the belly pan on the driver side. Bend the belly pan down a little(don't kink the belly pan) and you will find the filter. I change my own oil most of the time and it is a bit of a pain in the butt to have to move the belly pan everytime. They should have put a door there instead.

Daffy

Although I usually remove the entire splash pan which has 12 bolts, it isn't too bad. You can just remove the two on the back of the pan on the drivers side and bend it under to get access without any problems.

The biggest problem is that the bolts tend to wear on the splash pan which is why I put large galvanized washers under the bolts.

wow, that engineering is completely useless. :chairshot:

It took me 45 minutes to get the filter off; it was on waaaaaay too tight and my filter wrench was too big for the filter and wouldn't fit in the spot anyways. I had to pound a screwdriver through the thing to get it to budge, and then I had to crush it with vice grips to get it the rest of the way off. :censored:

It also tells you that the oil hadn't been changed in awhile. Oil filters stick more and more the longer they are on. I use a metal cap filter wrench and have never had a problem. Usually, I can break it free with my hand.