15000 Miles Service - Gs430

:wub:

I just dropped off my GS430 for a 15000 miles service at the dealer. The invoice was for $420! I'm shocked. I'm leasing this vehicle and still have two more years to go. Is it absolutely necessary to have it serviced at the dealer? Should I look for alternatives?

Thanks.

:wub:

I just dropped off my GS430 for a 15000 miles service at the dealer.  The invoice was for $420!  I'm shocked.  I'm leasing this vehicle and still have two more years to go.  Is it absolutely necessary to have it serviced at the dealer?  Should I look for alternatives? 

Thanks.

sure *sounds* like you got robbed. And handily at that.

it's hard to imagine $400+ of effort going into a car with only 15k miles.

I've never leased a Lexus, but, it would have any stipulations spelled out in the document.

Usually, a Toyota dealer is going to be cheaper, it just may or may not adhere to the lease agreement.

I think you did get robbed. I have a 2003 GS300 and take it to the dealer every 5,000 miles for oil change, tire rotation and such (they give me a car of the day). The 15,000 service on my car was $257.00 - that include engine and AC air filters and a few other things. Maybe things are cheaper in Texas, but I would look for a different dealer.

Good luck

Here is the complete list of services:

1. Top off all fluids; adjust tire pressure; inspect belts & hoses

2. Engine oil & filter replacement

3. Air filter replacement

4. Clean & test battery, cables & charging system

5. Wiper insert replacement

6. Cooling system pressure test for leaks in hoses

7. Differential fluid replacement

8. Clean, adjust & service front & rear brakes & parking brake, inspect lines, pipes & hoses

I hate this sh....

Next time I will definitely look for an alternative.

Thanks!