Programming Door Locks

johnbmech

I have a new 05 RX330. The owners manual states I can manually program the door locks for opening & closing. I tried to set the door locks to "unlock" when pulling the ignition key & nothing changed. Doors have to be unlocked manually or with the drivers side unlock button when exiting the car. I phoned the dealer-He said the doors have to set using a scan tool at the shop. Is this correct & the manual is wrong?

I have a new 05 RX330. The owners manual states I can manually program the door locks for opening & closing. I tried to set the door locks to "unlock" when pulling the ignition key & nothing changed. Doors have to be unlocked manually or with the drivers side unlock button when exiting the car. I phoned the dealer-He said the doors have to set using a scan tool at the shop. Is this correct & the manual is wrong?

Yes it is true. The dealer did mine. My doors are programed to lock @ 12 MPH

and unlock when I put the shift into park. They used a hand-held unit for the

programing.

:rolleyes:

If its not to inconveiniant hop into your dealer they should have you in and out in 10 min or less. To bad they dropped the ball and did not give you a personalized features check list at the time of sell and had you check off what you wanted preprogramed at time of delivery. Lexus is really pushing its dealers in that direction this year :ph34r: Lexus Ninja Guy

You should be able to get with your dealer and the Mech will go over all the C-Best setting with you right at the car with tool in hand and ask you what you want! Mine did

I also did the door lock thing on my own by the owners manual. My doors lock when in D and Unlock when I put it in P

• 1 month later...
You should be able to get with your dealer and the Mech will go over all the C-Best setting with you right at the car with tool in hand and ask you what you want!  Mine did

I also did the door lock thing on my own by the owners manual.  My doors lock when in D and Unlock when I put it in P

How did you do the door lock thing? Does it work on a 2001 RX300?

How did you do the door lock thing?  Does it work on a 2001 RX300?

Went to the dealer today and was informed that the 1999-2002 RX-300 does not have the capability to program c-best settings. I wanted to change the lock and unlock and change the head lights to stay on only for 15 seconds vs. 30. They said it's not programable. I was shocked.

Keith