Sc430 Interior Noise Levels

radical

Hello SC430 fans,

I am considering buying a 2003 SC430 and have concerns of noise levels in both top-up and top-down modes.

As I have been a fan of the Lexus GS line for it's commendably quiet interiors, I would imagine the Lexus SC430 with it's hardtop up is also similarly quiet.

Given the run-flat tires and top-down, how noisey is the SC430 in various conditions?

How noisy is the SC430 with the top-up in various driving conditions?

I am trying to avoid the Mercedes SLK320/AMG32 (Daimler Chrystler making them less luxurious, overpriced, and cheap looking), as well as any softtop convertible for the given noise considerations.

Any comments, SPL (sound pressure measurements) levels, or suggestions?

I plan to test drive soon, but your input is greatly appreciated.

All the best,

radical@yahoo.com :D

I've had mine two weeks today. I've owned several converts and this is the quietest period. The top up windows closed is very quiet! Top down quiet. There is hardly any engine noise. My friend's at redline is a muted hornet's nest without any exhaust noise.( I'm still breaking my engine in) The tire noise is there but more noticable next to the car rather than in the car. Very quiet all the way around.

Got Michelin Pilot Sport AS and a $25.00 air compressor for my trunk. Run flats were noisey as hell, were horrible to ride on and at times hard to control. With my new tires, dirves like a real Lexus, top up or down.