Finally Got To Get Dirty!

TexGX

First,

Happy Holidays to all.

Second,

I finally got to take the GX off-road. We made a trip to Sedona, AZ were there are lots of trails. The first one ended up being the most extreme. The trail is called Broken Arrow. After a short drive on the trail, there is a sign warning that the rest of the trial is only for 4x4's and skilled drivers and towing will be at owners charge. Of couse I continued on. The trail got very technical. I was very impressed on how well the GX took charge of the trail. I passed several wide eyed jeep tour companies. No one believed that a Lexus had made it up to Submarine Rock. One guy asked if this was for a Lexus comerical. I only scratched one running board, that I am planning on replacing with custom sliders. The wife actually took it very well. All in all, I had a blast. If you are not using the GX off-road, you are missing out big time. I look forward to many more trails.

I will try to post pictures as soon as I get home. Any help in posting pic's welcome.

First,

Happy Holidays to all.

Second,

I finally got to take the GX off-road.  We made a trip to Sedona, AZ were there are lots of trails.  The first one ended up being the most extreme.  The trail is called Broken Arrow.  After a short drive on the trail, there is a sign warning that the rest of the trial is only for 4x4's and skilled drivers and towing will be at owners charge.  Of couse I continued on.  The trail got very technical.  I was very impressed on how well the GX took charge of the trail.  I passed several wide eyed jeep tour companies.  No one believed that a Lexus had made it up to Submarine Rock.  One guy asked if this was for a Lexus comerical.  I only scratched one running board, that I am planning on replacing with custom sliders.  The wife actually took it very well.  All in all, I had a blast.  If you are not using the GX off-road, you are missing out big time.  I look forward to many more trails.

I will try to post pictures as soon as I get home.  Any help in posting pic's welcome.

Actually, this is the major reason I did choose this over the RR (dependablity was the negative here) and X5. And I have had only good things to say about how easily this truck navigates odd terrain (although the running boards do suck in their postioning). Some say the truck rides poorly, I don't have similar views. But, when you get it on the dirt, it really does outshine it's competition in confidence of getting to your destination.

EAT that you ... you X5 owners ;) ... :cheers:

Sounds great. Good to see some GX's getting out there. Saw some pix from aguy going to Hollister Hills in his GX as well.

Unfortunately I can't seem to open the attachments to see the pix properly.

I have a 03 4Runner, which I take offroad quite a bit. We are looking at probably getting a GX as well. This will allow me to mod the 4R more and keep the GX for "light duty". The drivetrain and chasis of these new vehicles are still really tough.

TexGX are you looking at getting sliders for your GX? I have ordered some from Hanna Quality which is completely bolt on, no welding or drilling of the frame required. SO you can swap them out for these excursions with the running boards.

Sounds great. Good to see some GX's getting out there. Saw some pix from aguy going to Hollister Hills in his GX as well.

I have a 03 4Runner, which I take offroad quite a bit. We are looking at probably getting a GX as well. This will allow me to mod the 4R more and keep the GX for "light duty". The drivetrain and chasis of these new vehicles are still really tough.

TexGX are you looking at getting sliders for your GX? I have ordered some from Hanna Quality which is completely bolt on, no welding or drilling of the frame required. SO you can swap them out for these excursions with the running boards.

bliksem,

I will try and look up Hanna Quality. I am not finding a lot of stuff for the GX. Post a picture when you get them. If anyone can tell me the trick to posting pic's, I will try and redo.

bliksem,

I will try and look up Hanna Quality. I am not finding a lot of stuff for the GX. Post a picture when you get them. If anyone can tell me the trick to posting pic's, I will try and redo.

I have posted some pix on your other thread of the sliders. I should get my set soon, and will post pix of them on my 4Runner.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

recently purchase a new GX but do not know how to drive off road

Do you know of any place around Houston where I can get instructions ??

Thanks

seatrout@sbcglobal.net

Triet,

Keep a look at the web page. A group of us are planning on going off-road soon. We will post time and date. You can come with us. I do not know of a school in Houston.

TexGX

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...