Pricing On A '04 Or '05 Gx470 - Help

gap4jason

Hi guys -

I'm new here.  I'm from Southern California.  What should I expect to pay on 2004 or 2005 GX470, with NAV and Rear Ent System?

any dealerships you can suggest to go to?

thanks!

jason

I am also looking for a new GX470 2005 (nonsport) with every thing including Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System. As Lexus dealers do not show new car inventory, it impossible to find which dealer to talk with about GX470 with the right equipment and color. Maybe other parts of the country do show inventory but not Northern California.

I do not like to go to car dealer, even Lexus, as they are clearly sales persons on commission. Also it is hard to deal on cars if you do not know which dealer has what you want, short of driving to every dealer and hoping you get a salesman who can get out of a wet paper bag.

Also what is a good price in Jan/Feb time frame.

Thanks

Hi guys -

I'm new here.  I'm from Southern California.  What should I expect to pay on 2004 or 2005 GX470, with NAV and Rear Ent System?

thanks!

jason

i know a good dealer down south that may give you a good deal. I'll PM you his info.

Hi guys -

thanks!

jason

I am also looking for a new GX470 2005 (nonsport) with every thing including Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System. As Lexus dealers do not show new car inventory, it impossible to find which dealer to talk with about GX470 with the right equipment and color. Maybe other parts of the country do show inventory but not Northern California.

I do not like to go to car dealer, even Lexus, as they are clearly sales persons on commission. Also it is hard to deal on cars if you do not know which dealer has what you want, short of driving to every dealer and hoping you get a salesman who can get out of a wet paper bag.

Also what is a good price in Jan/Feb time frame.

Thanks

If you're interested in a good dealership, try Magnussen Lexus in Fremont. The sales person to talk to is Clifford Lee. He will not only tell you what they have in stock but what's on the next ship bound for Long Beach. This dealership will trade vehicles in order to get one you want if it's at another dealership. Tell him that Jon from Cupertino referred you. I had settled on the price of my GX months before it was delivered. He might have got into a little trouble over that since no knew at the time how scarce trucks with KDSS would be.

But what about the price question. I am in the exact same buying position - will buy now - but can wait 60 days.

Live in MD but travel to FL, TX, GA for business so would buy one there and drive home.

My goal, based on what I read on this board and others was 10% off MSRP. Reasonable goal?

Thanks

But what about the price question.  I am in the exact same buying position - will buy now - but can wait 60 days. 

Live in MD but travel to FL, TX, GA for business so would buy one there and drive home.

My goal, based on what I read on this board and others was 10% off MSRP.  Reasonable goal?

Thanks

well, I haven't checked the dealer yet, but to have the works (3rd seat, DVD,Nav/ML) would cost you around $51k and $53k (unless they give discounts on 04s). I don't know if the pricing of the 05s are the same still.

Hey everyone, good question about the expected price. Like GS400Jon, I also got it from Magnussen Lexus. At that time, there were enough inventories from various dealers in the bay area so most dealers I spoke to was very competitive.

The GX I got this November was a 04 model, fully loaded(3rd row seat, DVD entertainment, tow hitch, rear spoiler etc.... MSRP was at about 52K. I got mine for about 46K, probably about 1K over invoice. This was my 2nd time I bought a car from them so they were willing to compromise.

I also bought a car mask and all weather car mats at the price they paid for. So if you want any additional accessories, don't wait unit later, you might want to try to include this in the deal and have them sell it to you at their invoice. I saved about $160 to $200 for both items. I didn't get the sport bumper add on for about $450 since I didn't care for it too much.

By the way, for the same car, I also got a quote from another dealer 20 miles away for about $600 over invoice. I didn't get it since I already negotiated my price.

So yeah, in summary, its most likely to your advantage if you get the 04 at the end of the model year if you don't mind.

Good luck with your buy.

David

But what about the price question.  I am in the exact same buying position - will buy now - but can wait 60 days. 

My goal, based on what I read on this board and others was 10% off MSRP.  Reasonable goal?

Thanks

well, I haven't checked the dealer yet, but to have the works (3rd seat, DVD,Nav/ML) would cost you around $51k and $53k (unless they give discounts on 04s). I don't know if the pricing of the 05s are the same still.

If you are looking for the works, including the KDSS (this feature worth every penny) expect easily pay over $50K. In '04, that feature was extremely limited, about 1 or 2 for every 100 brought in. So there was little moderating the price for it. But, the dealer was still flexible. Just not down to Invoice level.

But I understand that more '05's will have KDSS. Ths sad part is, it is now a sport package with some odd colored wood or aluminium trim. This may be cool for some, but not in my particular taste category. I am curiuos what the MSRP difference between the two model years will be. Good luck with you hunt.