How Rare Is A Sc300 5spd?

Im looking for a early model SC300 5spd Black w/ black interior..

So far all I'm able to find is Black w/ Tan or Red w/ Black.. and the black isnt even black its more like dark grey?..

so did they make a black/black scheme? I know they didnt make 5spds later on, on the 300 and not at all for the 400.

any help would be great.

thanks.

It is not so hard to find a 5 speed. It is hard to find a 5 speed that is black on black. But I did. 1995 was the first year for black interior. 1992 to 1997 was the model years that had a 5 speed w58 available. About 5% of the total produced for each model year were 5 speed.

I'd sell mine for the right price. But you'd have to have a lot of money. If you are dead set on black on black I'll take 35,000$ with all the mods. Otherwise, look on autotrader and every other car sales publication. Be patient and be willing to travel. I traveled rather far for mine.

SC00007.thumb.jpg

Or you could find a nice 5 speed in good condition and have the interior done custom in black. My first 5 speed was a great car with garnet pearl on tan. Very beautiful. Then there is always royal sapphire pearl too. I guess I'm saying you shouldn't limit yourself to black. You can find black interiors on models 1995 and up.

In fact I know where there is a very heavily modified 95 silver spruce on black 6speed, toyomoto done car listing at 36,000$ because the owner really needs to get rid of it. It is done up to the T, totally built - not much left to do to the car. Contact me if you are interested.

Good luck.

whoa lots of info thanks

so im going to have to get a 95 +... thats going to cost me..

Im just getting this car because my parents want me to get a "newer" car.

I just slammed my 89 240SX into a mountain few weeks ago. and now Im driving a 91 240sx..

I was looking at more of the older SCs that can be had around 6-10K.. the reason Im looking for black/black is that Im not planning on modding the car at all and thats the color scheme I like most. However If I can find a ??/Blk 5Spd. I can always just get a crappy paint job for like 500.00 ( do the prep myself ) or I can get a Blk/?? 5spd and just get the leather changed.( whats the damage on that? )

thanks.

Stan

That's kind of funny because I'm planning to build an scca/solo car next year and I'm seriously considering a 240. Do yourself a favor. NEVER use the words Lexus and crappy in the same sentence please. Anyways, you can find black on tan from '92 up. Unless the car is thrashed - don't do the maaco paint job. That's not cool man. I had a '93 with a shimmering stock paint job, and the current one shines like a diamond as well. To get a quality leather conversion, it is going to cost you. But there are some leather seat covers made by leather seats.com and options that may save a little here or there and still be quality. Don't disgrace the lex.

yea the 240 is a nice car but its old..

ive heard good and bad things about those paint jobs.. mostly people have said that if you prep everything yourself and they just shoot it comes out pretty good.. others just let them do everything and there is horrible overspray and bad taping. i heard they dont even sand the car.

anyways.. if the extra small intial investment will get me factory paint/leather i'd rather wait for that.. guess im spending the summer looking for the right car..

i also have a corolla GT-Z sitting in my garage I have to work on.. i have my hands full :D

oh yea you know that car in your sig. the tail lamp what generation is that? 2nd? does the top 1/2 light up for the brake lamp? or turn signal or parking lamp?

thanks

actually guys, the black interior came out in the '94 models. :P That's where the production began, I think the '95 released the first black leather interior. :lol:

Those tail lamps start for the late late '93 model through till the end of '95 i think. <_<

They are the only ones you can easiley convert to clear taillights (see clearcorners.com for example). I have the same tailights and want to do the conversion but I would like to change the bulbs to high powered and colored LEDs to replace. My only problem is I don't know here to start !!! :blink:

yep :P

Mine's a 4/94 and it came with almost everything that you wanted except for the 5speed..

Further down the track when I get the funding I'll be switching over to either 5spd manual or auto (not sure if the 95+ 5spd auto's bolt in without problems)

actually guys, the black interior came out in the '94 models. :P That's where the production began, I think the '95 released the first black leather interior. :lol:

so the 94s came w/ black leather?

how hard is it to find manual parts for this car? or are they interchangable w/ Supra NA tranny?

www.taprecycling.com

1. Not too hard. $$$$

2. Yes and no. The tranny housing might be different. The driveshafts are different length. Should be the same differential - heard something about the driveshaft input flange causing a problem. Haven't been there though. Cltuch, cylinders - etc. $$$

Just buy a 5 speed to begin with - I know where there are a few for sale if you are serious.

It took me a long while to find a Wht/Blk SC300 5speed. The only one I found was kind of far away, and was a northern climate car. The guy was asking $7k for his 92. I remember seeing a blk/blk in SouCali, for $7k, but it's been three months. I also waited a while.

Auto trader worked for me. By the way, since you're interested in getting a 94-97 SC5sp expect to get a high mileage car. They're not cheap.

well here is my budget ... hoping that its under $10K.. upto 120K i dont really care what year, the newer the better?...

and has to be black/black/5spd..

so w/ the info i got its going to be a 1995-1997 only 3 years. out of 8,9?

not in a rush.

in fact i'd rather wait, hang around and learn about the car before hand. but my little brother needs a car and so we need another car...