Guages Brightness

is there a way to make the guages at night as bright or almost as bright as when its day time :wacko: ?

i never noticed till just a few weeks ago that my guages cluster lighting dims lighter the darker it gets out,it doest look bad but i would like it brighter ..i have the adjustment knob all the way to bright so im kinda stumped on what to do .

many thanks.

well when I turn up the dimmer in my car, they're too bright, so I have them on the halfway mark.  I have no idea why yours are not bright enough.

No idea's dude.

I can sympathize somewhat because sometimes I find that mine are not that bright. I was beginning to wonder if there was a noticeable difference when you are at engine idle, or at higher RPM's where the alternator would put out more juice. (just a thought)

it's NOT a good idea to turn up your dimmer to full brightness on the older GS's. As twinturbo and I do, leave it at about half way, it's more than bright enough in our cars. The most important reason to NOT turn them up full brightness is that in the older GS's those bulbs put out ALOT of heat. I recently put LED's in mine and all the bulb bases were brown and brittle from the heat. The MOST important reason not to turn them up all the way is it can lead to early needle failure from the heat created. The needles are NOT cheap! B)

• 1 year later...

it's NOT a good idea to turn up your dimmer to full brightness on the older GS's. As twinturbo and I do, leave it at about half way, it's more than bright enough in our cars. The most important reason to NOT turn them up full brightness is that in the older GS's those bulbs put out ALOT of heat. I recently put LED's in mine and all the bulb bases were brown and brittle from the heat. The MOST important reason not to turn them up all the way is it can lead to early needle failure from the heat created. The needles are NOT cheap! B)

does anyone know where to get good aftermarket bulbs?? mine's burned out already on the temperature indicator(so at night i have no idea what the temp is... lol)