Price Quote For New Es330 In So Cal?

L3-ES

Hi Everyone:

Just wondering what prices people are getting quoted for a new 05 ES330 in Southern California. According to the Lexus web site, there are 4 different trim levels available - I'm interested in Level 3 (with navigation system, but without Mark Levinson).

Since Lexus is having a "December to Remember" special this month, what is a good price to pay for this trim level?

Any recommendations for which dealerships to go to for the best deal and overall service?

Thanks for your help on this...

Last year I was in the market for a base model 2004 ES330 (but I ultimately decided on a used LS400). I got price quotes from numerous dealers in southern and northern California. Lexus of Westminster in Long Beach was by far the most aggressive dealer trying to get my business and offered the lowest price of $29,995 on a new ES330 with a MSRP of $33,114. At one point in desperation they even came down to $29,500. This was in March of 2004

My second choice would be Longo Lexus of El Monte. They have 3 times as many Lexus's to choose from than any other dealer in the whole USA, but are more stingy on price so you'll likely have to pay $500-$1500 more for an identical car at Longo than at Lexus of Westminster or some of the other eager-to-deal LA region dealers like Keyes Lexus.

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up buying a new 05 ES330 from Longo Lexus in El Monte. I solicited bids from several dealerships in So Cal and Longo was offering by far the best internet prices. We got the Level 3 trim (navigation system w/o Mark Levinson) for $31,879, which is $1000 below invoice (MSRP = $36,919). Also got them to throw in a set of the Exact Mats and some other goodies. Pretty much a no-hassle deal, although we had to wait a long time to sign the paperwork and take delivery since there were tons of people there.

For the base model, Longo was offering it for $29,000, but we wanted the navigation system. Cars were rolling off their lots like hot cakes due to their aggressive pricing in December in order to hit a sales target of 800 cars. Lexus of Westminster quoted me $29,799 for a base model - they were the only dealership other than Longo that quoted below invoice.

So how did I do on this deal? Anyone receive a better price quote than this?

L3-ES you did absolutely outstanding and we all appreciate you sharing the experience. Clearly the Lexus December to Remember Sales Event is more than just hype, but a great time for bargain hunters to buy. And I am really encouraged to hear that Longo Lexus is willing to meet or beat the price of the local competition since they have the best selection.

One little reason a perfectionist might want to buy from Lexus of Westminster in Long Beach is that Lexus cars arriving from Japan are loaded off the Toyota ships in the port of Long Beach and Lexus of Westminster is just a few miles away from the port. So Lexus cars arrive at Lexus of Westminster in pristine shape - they havn't suffered through all the bumps and bruises of extensive travel on the highways aboard semi-trucks.