Just Purchased First Lexus

I'm a new Lexus owner - well actually my wife is and the car isn't brand new. It's a 2001 GS300 that looks new inside and out. She got that car and I inherited her old '95 Avalon. You'd think I was whipped or something.

I have a question: The rear license plate frame from the dealer has no lower mounting holes. It occasionally rattles because of that. I'd like to replace that dealer frame with a plain chrome frame with (4) screws. Does the rear bumper have lower screw holes provided by the factory? My wife is gone with the car to visit our daughter for a few days so I can't go check it. If the holes aren't already there, will it hurt anything to drill them out myself?

You don't need to do that. Either fix or replace the frame thats on there. Most frames have a slot the plate slides into on the bottom so it doesn't rattle, either it needs to be adjusted or replaced with one that does. If it still rattles some after adjusting or replacing , install some dynamat on the back of the plate. <_<

Oh yeah, yes you're whipped and you should be ashamed of yourself, have you seen how most women drive and treat their cars. :chairshot: Unless you've been married for like 25 years, she should be driving that avalon. <_<

I'm a new Lexus owner - well actually my wife is and the car isn't brand new. It's a 2001 GS300 that looks new inside and out. She got that car and I inherited her old '95 Avalon. You'd think I was whipped or something.

I have a question: The rear license plate frame from the dealer has no lower mounting holes. It occasionally rattles because of that. I'd like to replace that dealer frame with a plain chrome frame with (4) screws. Does the rear bumper have lower screw holes provided by the factory? My wife is gone with the car to visit our daughter for a few days so I can't go check it. If the holes aren't already there, will it hurt anything to drill them out myself?

How much you paid? How many miles?

How much you paid? How many miles?

49,000 miles.

Purchased from dealer - certified.

The dealer was asking $30,900 (WAY TOO HIGH).

I Paid $26,500. It's more than I would have paid to a private party, but not too bad for a certified car. That way my wife gets three more years of bumper-to-bumper warranty up to 100,000 miles. That's important to me and her because she's on the road a LOT.

Michael