Xm Satelitte Radio For Ls430

martind43

I have a 2004 Lexus LS430 with a satellite "ready" radio. It even has a SAT button. The dealer wants a modest $1,000 to install the Lexus XM system. This seems out of site for a radio that is suppoed to be ready. All that I think is need is a tuner. Any thoughts on this topic? I contacted Lexus in California however they did not respond. Thanks.

The Lexus kit is really the best and most integrated option, so you'll need to get the Lexus kit somewhere. My suggestion is www.lexus-parts.com Then find a high quality car stereo installer in your area and have them install it for you. HUGE savings over the dealer, but you're still looking at ~$400

This probably doesn't apply to those who drive new Lexi', but I just wanted to mention that the installation of my Sirius $99 tuner and $50 car kit could not have been cleaner or easier. I mounted the tuner in the ash tray, and ran the antenna outside via the passenger dash invisibly. Since it I uses an FM signal from the tuner to the Pioneer radio in the '94 LS, the only other wire is the power cord, which I ran from the rear cig plug, hiding all wires in the trim.

And you haven't taken a great "Road Trip" until you've had satellite radio. My drive from Phoenix to Vegas and back was a blast. No commercials, football on Sunday, and much more. Get XM or Sirius-well worth it.

Its definately worth the cost for the factory XM though, its seamless and operates through the nav system. I have a seperate tuner in my ES and its great, but I definately would have sprung for the Lexus system had it been availiable for my car.

If you'd rather have Sirius Lexus is coming out with a factory Sirius tuner in Feb.

The Lexus comes already standard with the CAPABILITY of XM radio where on GM vehicles XM is a factory option. You wind up paying about the same for it, just with the Lexus its a dealer installed option and the GMs its installed at the factory. If you buy it when you buy the car they'll roll it into the financing and its no big deal.

Its kind of like actually coming WITH a phone or just prewired for a phone. The Lexus is simply prewired for XM.

For some reason all dealerships vary when it comes to the XM price. When my dad got his 04 our dealer charged him $700 to put it in. I've heard $500 and I've heard $1500. If you've got other dealers in your area you may want to shop it.

It really isn't anything a good stereo shop, or even you could do.

I have a 2004 Lexus LS430 with a satellite "ready" radio. It even has a SAT button. The dealer wants a modest $1,000 to install the Lexus XM system. This seems out of site for a radio that is suppoed to be ready. All that I think is need is a tuner. Any thoughts on this topic? I contacted Lexus in California however they did not respond. Thanks.

Hi all -

I too have a LS430 with the same AM/SAT button. There has to be a different way to get this installed without the $1K price tag. I checked with Circuit City and there are over 29 ways to get this done - ranging $49 - $239. I am thinking one of these has to be the way Lexus Dealer/Parts installs it.

Please keep me posted and I will do the same.

Tanveer

Los Angeles, CA

Lexus sells a tuner they designed themselves, there is no way to get the same integration through the LS' nav screen nor the direct CD quality sound interface (Lexus uses a special plug and there is no adapter) through somewhere like Circuit City. If you want these features (I think it would be a shame to drop 60 large on a car and then cheap out over the satellite radio, as someone who has NON integrated satellite radio and a car that cost half what yours did, if I had the opportunity to pay Lexus $1000 to have the unit integrated into the nav screen I would have) then the cheapest way to go is to order the module online from a Lexus parts wholesaler (~$300) and then have a local stereo shop install it. (Note: Circuit City does NOT count and they have no buisness tearing apart the interior on a Lexus).

You can get something from Circuit City for $100 but its going to have a seperate controller mounted somewhere on the dash and its going to be FM modulated (sound quality about 1/2 as clear).

• 2 weeks later...
Lexus sells a tuner they designed themselves, there is no way to get the same integration through the LS' nav screen nor the direct CD quality sound interface (Lexus uses a special plug and there is no adapter) through somewhere like Circuit City. If you want these features (I think it would be a shame to drop 60 large on a car and then cheap out over the satellite radio, as someone who has NON integrated satellite radio and a car that cost half what yours did, if I had the opportunity to pay Lexus $1000 to have the unit integrated into the nav screen I would have) then the cheapest way to go is to order the module online from a Lexus parts wholesaler (~$300) and then have a local stereo shop install it. (Note: Circuit City does NOT count and they have no buisness tearing apart the interior on a Lexus).

You can get something from Circuit City for $100 but its going to have a seperate controller mounted somewhere on the dash and its going to be FM modulated (sound quality about 1/2 as clear).

I just went through it with a new 2004 LS 430. Top of the line audio store wanted $1300. So did local dealer. But remote dealer wanted only $720. So local dealer said, "OK - $720! The result is beautiful!